8/31/13 - not a total washout!

Kat

My fiancé and I decided to take advantage of the dollar days at KI and spend part of the day up there. We would have gone all day but we got home late last night from work and I got up at 5:30am to go down to the river and mark a spot on the wall for Riverfest 2013 :) for those that aren't local to Cincy and don't know what it is, it's the official end of summer in the city. A big festival with lots of food and lots of fireworks :)

Anyways, we arrived around 1:30pm and immediately wanted food since it was so cheap. We went to Festhaus bc we didn't want to wait out in the heat for food. We were all happy til this stupid lady decided to cut us off in line!! We were in line before she even got in the building yet she was too busy running her mouth on her cell phone and trying to maneuver a Sit N Stand LX stroller loaded down with a kid and stuff to be paying a lick of attention. I casually mentioned my annoyance to my fiancé and apparently this lady had super sonic hearing and overheard what I said and felt it necessary to be very rude rather than apologize.... So I was rude back :P

We waited only 30 minutes to get food :) 3 slices of pizza and a refill of mellow yellow each :) we were fortunate enough to actually get seats, too. :) After we ate, I immediately had to go check out Banshee construction. I'm unable to follow the forum much during the week bc of work, so I didn't know what all had changed in the last week!!! Quite a lot!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

I was very happy and planned to later go up on the Tower and take pics with my DSLR.

After I got my fill of construction views, I went on Congo Falls because it was just too hot not to be on a water ride lol. 3 people shy of a full boat :) I was in row 3 left side and got pretty wet. After that we headed up I-Street to go over and get the train for Soak City. Saw some of the Peanuts Show.... Who Let The Dogs Out....

We then had plans to go on White Water Canyon, so we got in line. This was around 3pm. 90 minute wait with a line back almost to the steps, we changed our minds and got out of line and decided to just go to Soak City.

We spent over an hour there. First we went on the river, then we went on Pineapple Plunge.... I faced my fear and went down the green slide. About had a heart attack. My fiancé faced his fear and went down the yellow one. About had a heart attack :P we recovered and moved on.

I got in line for Tropical Twister despite the announcement about impending severe weather. Unfortunately I didn't get to ride. Hiked halfway up the steps, waited 5 minutes, they closed. We hung out on chairs at Coconut Cove watching the storms roll in. The rides closed at 4:45pm. We waited about 45 minutes then decided to seek shelter when it got darker. We went to our locker and hung out by there. Almost as soon as we got there, it started pouring rain.

Posted Image

Posted Image

We waited it out for two hours and decided to head to seek food and better shelter back at Festhaus. First we stopped and I bought a hot pink Joe Cool hoodie at the gift shop in Planet Snoopy bc I was freezing. $35 for a size small and it's still too big on me :( it's cute though lol. I'm thinking I should have gotten the 14/16 hot pink Kings Island hoodie we saw at the I-street gift shop. Probably would have fit better lol. At only 105 pounds standard sizes don't usually fit me lol. I was warmer (some) and happier, so then we went to Festhaus. We each had another two slices of pizza.

Bored from waiting around doing nothing, I suggested we go to Boo Blasters bc that ride seems to never close for weather lol. 7:45-8 we waited. Pod 18. It sucked. None of the Blasters worked well. I got 554. He got 900. I wasn't happy :P

We went outside and discovered it was almost not raining. I look to my right and see Delirium, with people on it, running. I squeal with delight and decide that's where I wanted to go next. So I did. Walk on, seat 1.

Then I decided to go on Drop Tower bc thedevariouseffect said you get nice construction views up there. I went, I nearly had a heart attack again!

I wanted to do Invertigo, but skipped it for time sake. Next we went to Adventure Express. I rode, he waited :) Aaron is trying to become less of a chicken and wanted to try Monster. He didn't quite fit :( I told him he was going on Scrambler then when I got off Monster. He reluctantly agreed and got on with me. He survived but was pretty freaked out lol. I told him how proud I am of him for doing it and facing his fear! :D I love him so much :)

I then went to FoF since I didn't get to ride last Saturday, and Aaron waited for me. I waited 15 minutes for that. Row 10. Very fun.

Posted Image

Posted Image

When I got off, it was 9:30. I knew I had just enough time left for Diamondback and The Beast. Aaron suggested we get ice cream. I said ok. I got my blue ice cream with rainbow sprinkles. It started melting on me right away and very quickly!!!! I was not at all happy. I was forced to take large bites of my ice cream and suffer terrible mouth and throat freeze repeatedly. I looked like a slob with ice cream all over my face and hands!!! :(

I finished it just in time to board row 2 right seat :) I settled for row 2 for time sake lol. I got off at 9:55pm, told Aaron I was going to The Beast, and took off running. I was the very last person in line!!! :) they closed the line immediately after I got in it :) that was a pretty awesome feeling lol. The Beast re-opened at 10:10, just 6 minutes after the end of fireworks. Awesome job to The Beast crew for getting the train out quickly! :) I wanted to ride 2nd last seat but the line was too long to get on as they were only running two more trains after the one that just left after fireworks. A quick glance up front and I saw that row 4 was empty, so I took that :) right side. 2nd last train of the night.

A 3 hour rain delay certainly dampened our plans but it wasn't a total washout!!!! :)

• Like 7

thanks for the TR.

We were there as well to take in (our) final day of the season for Soak City. If anyone from KI is reading... can I give a suggestion for Dollar Days in the future. At least in Soak City, the lines for food were over 30 minutes- with the kiosk staffed by usually 1 person. For next year, do Dollar Days on some random Tuesday-Thursday during the summer when the bulk of your help hasn't gone back to college.

We tried to wait out the rain in the parking lot... once it become immanent, it took forever to finally rain. We gave up and left around 6:30.

• Like 1

I was there, we all bought fast passes which have gone up since June, and they weren't a necessity yesterday but was nice seeing how we were late to when we wanted to be in the park! We only got to ride Invertigo twice, Drop Tower, Flight of Fear, Vortex, & Diamondback, & then while we were eating at the reds hall of fame grille it started thundering and lightning, so we knew rides were closing. We held out under the Diamondback store from around 4:45 to 6:30 before running to the arcade over by beast and then finally giving up and driving back home. Sorry to hijack your thread!

Sent from my SPH-M830 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1