Soak City Questions, related to small children

Rachaelnoel76

Well thanks again. Yes, KI sound slike a fun place for some. But not my cup of tea. I really would just like a refund for this gift ;) I have called a few times today and no answer... I am a quiet, low key, no frills pool type of person. I am perfectly happy with the free splash pools around town, with the ages of my boys (1 and 3). Fingers crossed for a refund!!!

Just don't email the park. Even during the season, it often takes upwards of a week for an answer. Keep calling (they may be on a skeleton crew this and next wk) and then I would ask for a supervisor in season pass sales/admissions. The customer service rep likely wont have the authority to give you a refund.

• Like 1

Folks will steal beach towels too (ask me how I know), but you just have to prepare best you can and go from there. Most recently folks have taken to stealing entire bags and leaving the area to see what they got in their 'grab bag'. Nobody ever disturbed our stroller when we had that (my kids are 9 and 13 now, so we don't need that anymore). We also were able to take formula and little-kid-friendly snacks without any problem, along with a bottle of water to make the formula. They may ask to inspect the bag, but they were always very accommodating (mostly looking for alcohol) because some folks can't follow the rules).

As to beach 'safes', I don't trust the 'novelty' variety (such as at the souvenir stands). Get one at an outdoor place or one that is listed as 'waterproof' v. 'water resistant', and if it sustains that property submerged it'll say so. Most are just to prevent splashes, not to go under. Meijer also has some from time to time.

Now, after all of that, we had a huge amount of fun in the waterpark when my kids were little. There are plenty of very shallow places that they can enjoy, and even some smaller slides and attractions that they'll like.

Welcome to KICentral!

• Like 5

As to beach 'safes', I don't trust the 'novelty' variety (such as at the souvenir stands). Get one at an outdoor place or one that is listed as 'waterproof' v. 'water resistant', and if it sustains that property submerged it'll say so. Most are just to prevent splashes, not to go under. Meijer also has some from time to time.

I use one that I bought at KI and have never had so much as a single drop of water leak into it, even when fully submerged for several minutes at a time.

• Like 4