Banshee Countdown Timeline

ohiocolts

Now we look back to when silver combs were sent to Media people when the announcement date for the new record breaking attraction would be.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/news/kings-island-to-unveil-new-attraction/nY8zm/

Just 27 days until Banshee Media Day and Scream for A Kid Again, and 28 days until Opening Day 2014!

And enjoy your weekend!

• Like 6

On the same day Banshee's announcement date was announced, this video was released. The person making the video claimed to have had Banshee's blueprints. Some thought it was fake, but some thought it was real.

Just 26 more days until Banshee Media Day and Scream for A Kid Again, and 27 more days until Opening Day 2014!

• Like 9

Today I have something kind of cool. Who remembers the WLWT story about the ride in early August? The one that kind of mentions KIC?

http://www.wlwt.com/news/local-news/news-warren-county/kings-island-new-attraction-appears-to-be-a-coaster/21301482

And, this thread started with 49 days left. Now, there are 24 days left, so we area about halfway there from the start of the thread! Just 24 more days until Banshee Media Day and Scream for A Kid Again, and 25 days until Opening Day 2014!

• Like 8

I still don't understand some of the teasers, and how they fit in with the Banshee theme.

Anyone care to fill me in?

Ok...

1. Paranormal activity - speaks for itself, they were "looking" for something ghostly...and it indicated a ghostly name for the ride.

2. "no camping"....would you want to camp in a graveyard? Plus it might have been to divert from the rumor of a new campground to replace S.O.B.

3. The owls - well, owls have a terrifying shriek that folks have at times mistaken for the scream of a woman.

4. The silver comb and hair - the Irish legend is if you found the comb you were never to touch it because it was a trick to capture you and whisk you away.

Did I miss any clues?

• Like 1

Just a couple of days before the announcement, something appeared up on Kings Island's website. It showed The Bat, the tallest, fastest winged roller coaster in the world. But what was off was how poorly the page was designed. Colored pictures of Gatekeeper, and a random Diamondback picture appeared. So, was it just one last diversion?

(I can't really think of any good thing to post considered that The Bat page is long gone... But someone can post something if they find something good.)

Just 23 more days until Banshee Media Day and Scream for A Kid Again, and 24 more days until Opening Day 2014!

• Like 7

Pretty soon Banshee will take it's first riders, getting way stoked..

Figured this would be good to throw into the countdown..A good bit know but it may be new to others. The Banshee sound actually comes from the Banshee Reapers from Mass Effect 3..If you played the game, you know how freaking crazy these things are, especially taking them down on Insanity difficulty. Sat down and played a bit of the game again today, great series. Figured I'd throw this on the forum again..Good stuff. I remember hearing this for the first time, right then and there I knew 100% the ride was going to be named Banshee. Doesn't correlate any better than that haha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQ6ab5X7nnY

• Like 1

And here we are at announcement day. Part 1/3. The day started off with KIC Members showing off there guesses of the new attraction on some name tags provided by malem. Overall, they were pretty similar.

IMG_4420_zps1709821a.jpg

And some were... Quite different.

IMG_4421_zps746faa70.jpg

Join us tomorrow for part 2 of Announcement Day!

Just 22 days left until Banshee Media Day and Scream for A Kid Again, and 23 more days until Opening Day 2014!

• Like 9

And now we go to part 2 of Announcement Day. We had a fun time.. and I got one of these from a tweet-up.

IMG_4520_zpsf43bdad0.jpg

IMG_4521_zps3bd5de79.jpg

Join us tomorrow for the exciting conclusion of Announcement Day!

Just 3 WEEKS, or 21 days until Banshee Media Day and Scream for A Kid Again, and 22 days until Opening Day 2014!

• Like 6