Gate Security Guidelines

solitaire

If I'm asked to empty my small bag/pockets, do you think I will be okay having a pepper spray keychain (not tear gas, NOT Mace) attachment on me? Don't laugh, I am actively being stalked at the moment and have reason to believe that my stalker may be particpating in my college's KI trip. Hooray for not letting punks ruin things for me.

I'd also like to bring maybe 2 protein bars with me since I have been known to faint, especially when hot or hungry. Am buying the all day dining pass so it's not like they're taking a cut on revenue. Is that kind of thing generally a problem? If so, nbd, more blue ice cream for me.

The pepper spray concerns me. It seldom actually works. It often blows back on the user. It can enrage the aggressor and make things far worse. And using it can result in criminal charges against the user, civil liability or getting more badly hurt. Then, how are you going to get it out of a bag fast enough to try to use it?

It offers a false sense of security. And it is illegal in certain jurisdictions.

• Like 5

They have never asked to look in my purse this year. In fact, I have not seen them checking any bags at all.

They have done security checks at least once this year. On May 21, I was required to empty my pockets and submit to being checked with a metal detector wand. So it can happen.

Transmitted from Wild Space via my datapad's DROID brain

• Like 1

I am not overly concerned about random attackers. Perhaps that's naïve, but I choose to not focus on the random negative so that I may enjoy my trip. I am much more concerned about my (non-random) stalker, whom I believe will be on this trip. That's bad news, but the good news is that he would be certain to try and talk to me before trying anything physical. As far as his mind goes, I am amiable if not overly accommodating towards him.

• Like 1

Not to stray too far off topic, buit if you believe he is going to be a threat to you or if he makes unwanted advances, please tell any park employee to call park security. The park takes all matters of security very seriously.

• Like 5

Do not take a knife..I got dinged for that before, fell off my belt, opened it up, wiped it clean, closed it and put it back on the clip, someone flipped out & called security. I got searched, I explained to them and they understood but it's a big no go in the park unfortunately. Can't tell you how many times my EMT knife has been handy in field..so many accidents over this window I used it for.

• Like 4

Don't ever take a flash drive to Kennywood... Don't ask me why, I still to this day have no idea why security cared in the slightest, but they questioned me about that for at least 15 minutes.

-Homestar92, who likes to travel with at least 16 gigabytes on his person at all times, even if he has no practical use for it at all.

(as a side note, no Cedar Fair park has ever cared about my flash drive, which makes the Kennywood ordeal even more confusing to me.

• Like 1