American Idol Experience at Disney’s Hollywood Studios closing in early 2015

While I understand what you are saying GYK and agree with most of it, Universal Orlando still has a bit of a direction issue. What I mean is they build what is looking like a gorgeous new area within the park, in Diagon Alley, yet Transformers is another Tan Box ride. In my opinion Universal tore down their best themed area in Amity to build their new best themed area. Old habits die hard and it will be interesting to see how Universal Orlando moves forward, will the entire park get a retheme or will part be Tan Box movie studio park and the other be a few well themed lands?

• Like 2

^It struck me as funny that shark6495 "liked" that comment about the former Amity area of USO, home of the late, great Jaws attraction. RIP Bruce!

Good luck Gator during that time. Considered Disney's most busy time of year, but with a bit of planning you can still avoid the majority of the crowds. I copied the link to EasyWDW's crowd calendar and park recommendations for the month of December. Check it out if you haven't already, very helpful. Stinks you are missing the free dinning promotion, which ends on the 23rd, still will be great fun. Are you staying on property?

We're not technically staying on property, but kinda... A friend's parents have a house in Celebration that we're staying at. If you know anything about Celebration, you know the close ties it had/has with Disney. I've never been there but from the pictures I've seen it looks like a nice little town. So no ERT perks or anything, we'll just make the best of our time and the crowds, knowing we can't do everything. We always prioritize what we want to do there anyway and make sure to hit those things up first!

• Like 2

Celebration has run afoul of House Mouse on more than one occasion as of late. See: education, building standards, affiliation with Disney, etc. I think it was a well-intentioned development but Disney didn't count on a lot of angry residents.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

An email I received from Disney yesterday indicates that over at DHS, Frozen is getting some major love. Events featuring characters from Frozen happen all over the park beginning with a welcome parade at 11 and moving to other venues throughout the park (including the now-renamed 'Premiere' theatre--former home of Idol). The email also mentiones being able to purchase new Frozen merchandise, which comes as no shock. The event runs July 1-Sept 1 and is included in park admission. No doubt Disney is hoping this will relieve some congestion over at MK where the waits to meet Anna and Elsa are still sev hours at peak times of the day.

• Like 1