Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Kings Island Central Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cedar Point abbreviated Trip Report (Friday, June 13th, 2014)

Featured Replies

Hey all,

This is MDMC01 and I went to Cedar Point on Friday the 13th and had a blast. I might even say it was my best Cedar Point trip ever. Before I begin, I'd like to first apologize for not having this up sooner, but I was a bit of a procrastinator getting this done  :P Also, since the original trip report from my computer is way too long and involved, I'd just like to hit the highlights.

  • Went with a group of 5 other people (including fellow KICer SnakeAttack! who doesn't post much anymore), one of which had never been to Cedar Point before
  • I gained two new coaster credits
  • Gatekeeper was fun, but it would be more of what I call a "chill" coaster rather than a "thrill" coaster
  • Even after being gone from the park for 5 years and riding Banshee, Maverick is still my favorite roller coaster ever!!!!!
  • The girl who had never been to Cedar Point rode all of the adult coasters in one day (something even I've never done, and didn't do on this trip because I skipped Raptor and Blue Streak); she only disliked Blue Streak and Wicked Twister
  • Took part in the Luminosity after-show dance party, which was amazing (we seriously need this show at KI, or at least something like it!)
  • Mean Streak ran great (which is weird, because it was super rough last time)
  • Iron Dragon was fun
  • Got a fireworks ride on Corkscrew plus night rides on Magnum and Power Tower (up side)
  • Got a "zen ride" on Shoot the Rapids, which was actually pretty cool
  • Unfortunately, I did not get to ride Pipe Scream or the Eagles

Here's my total ride count:

Cedar Creek Mine Ride: 1

Corkscrew: 1

Gatekeeper: 1

Gemini (Blue): 1

Giant Wheel: 1

Iron Dragon: 2

Magnum XL-200: 2

Mantis: 1

Maverick: 2

Mean Streak: 3

Millennium Force: 1

Power Tower (Up side): 2

Power Tower (down side): 1

Skyhawk: 1

Shoot the Rapids: 1

Top Thrill Dragster: 1

Woodstock Express: 1

Wicked Twister: 1

Witches Wheel: 1

 

Also, to give this trip some context, this was a part of the Secret Trip my friends and I take every year (the destination was Toledo, Ohio), so even though I had a hunch we were going, it was still somewhat of a surprise to me. We also went to a Toledo Mudhens (baseball) game (they won!) and played mini-golf.

 

I now leave you with this picture of my newest coaster credit, Gatekeeper:

-MDMC01

EDIT: I don't know why my Gatekeeper photo has buttons on either side that let the user go through my entire Flikr album...
  • Author

I had split off from the group at this point in the trip (no one else was interested in riding Mean Streak; they all rode Millennium Force again instead) and I was just extremely delighted that Mean Streak was running a lot better than the last time I came (hence why I rode twice). However, I did end up convincing them to ride it for what was then my third ride. Corkscrew was sort of a last minute choice after our night ride on Magnum.

Corkscrew is the one thing at Cedar Point I have not ridden. Great TR by the way and glad you had a good time.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.
Background Picker

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.