Battle for Metropolis POV

Below is a POV video from the ride at Six Flags Over Texas.

Compare this to the dark rides added to Wonderland and Knott's.

Ride starts at 1:40.

Animatronics? Physical sets? Storyline? Intellectual properties? Motion base? Simulator?

All worth talking about! 

• Like 9

Color me impressed! I wish it wasn't a shoot-em-up deal though, however it's what sells and what works. It may have been the camera angle and way it was shot but the Joker on the ATV deal looked different than the one in IAAPA somehow, but hopefully I'll see it in person at some point. Also Cyborg looked cool, but the just moving up and down mouth always gets me, there's more to speech than that, but hey, they did a fantastic job so I'm just nitpicking at this point.

The set design and integration between the screens looks fantastic though, and not sure how it's pulled off but one scene going through it looks like it wasn't on a screen but projected on the mist you pass through. Again, just could be the way this camera is mounted and the video quality not being in 3D. But regardless again, fantastic job. Triotech will have to jump through some hoops to surpass this quality at the CF parks. 

• Like 3

Now that is the most impressive thing I have seen in a Six Flags Park in a while. I would honestly wait to ride that (and that is saying something). It will be interesting to see what type of shape the ride is in 3 years down the line, but that it is a seriously impressive dark ride. 

• Like 1

Not in stock right now, but if you aren't keen on the 3D effect, but would like to enjoy rides such as this, there is a solution.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/e9b4/

Basically, the technology is the same as 3D glasses, but both lenses are polarized the same way, so both eyes will see the same one of the two images being projected (as opposed to each eye seeing a different image)

• Like 6