Phantom Theater Media

Hello! Since Phantom Theater Encore, I have been collection as much photos and footage of the Phantom Theater attraction as I can. I currently have a collection of 300+ photos and several audio/video files. (If curious, I share what I can on this YouTube account: https://youtube.com/@phantomtheaterarchives2052?si=UIXhaYLS-9n05Z12). 

I’m wondering if anyone on this forum would have any photography or videography of the attraction that they may have taken (whether it be of the attraction itself, haunt displays, or anything else). 

A current main searching point for me currently is audio files for the queue, either the turntable or full Maestro audio (~10 minutes of maestro’s is posted to YouTube but it was likely closer to 30-60 minutes). I also haven’t been able to find the video or audio for the talking portrait projections, but I believe those to be completely lost after speaking to the creator. 

Anything shared would be greatly appreciated! If anyone else is looking for something specific from the attraction as well, I can see if I have it. Thanks!

• Like 1

On 6/27/2024 at 5:13 PM, TOPGUN1993 said:

Here are a few photos of the track being fabricated for Phantom Theater..... Now the question is ask.... Can it be considered a coaster?

That’s an interesting question if you really think about whether or not it could be classified as a powered coaster.

According to Wikipedia:

A powered roller coaster is a railed amusement ride similar to a standard roller coaster. Unlike a true roller coaster, the train is powered through the entire course, rather than being allowed to coast after an initial lift or launch. This allows for both compact layouts that start out with curving hills, or long, extended layouts that would need too many lifts to be feasible.

The only reason why someone would argue against this is because all of the ride vehicles take up the entire length of track and maintains constant momentum unless stopped by a ride operator as opposed to Thunder Run where a single train runs through the course and stops.

A powered coaster generally runs a single train and may traverse the circuit multiple times before stopping at the station.

I’m not sure if you’re being sincere in your question @TOPGUN1993 and I don’t mean to detract from your quest for more Phantom Theater media @BryanJay because I want to see more to but I have to ask…..Could Tumblebug have been considered a powered coaster or does it fall into the Surfdog/Larson Loop category?

IMG_9401.jpeg

https://KICentral.com/forums/topic/32820-kings-island-coaster-logos-of-old/