Saturday Miserable Weather

Legend Rider

Ok, I am grateful for going to PKI on Saturday, thanks to the great people who helped get me the opportunity to visit again. though i knew the park may shut down a bit early due to weather, i was not expecting noon!

Jeff Seibert came around and said "we close at noon"

i was saddened,

so my group rode only a few rides...

Myself, DeliriumDreamer, Klockster, and TRTR Guy Rode Delirium, then we walked back with Howler Rider to Flight of Fear, and the Drum Lights were on... King Cobra still in there!

next, we went to TRTR and got both Howler Rider and Klockster on it for the first time... YES!! they even wanted to ride again!

then Beast was close by, so we rode it, then we quickly went back to TRTR and rode it, then raced on over to Flight of Fear, since it was semi warm in there.

lastly, we rode recaR, we saw BoddaH in the train before us, and we waved...

the ride on recaR was good, then we were hoping to ride Delirium one last time, but no luck, the park had closed. bummer.

Honestly, the park could have been open longer, I drove 4.5 hours to get to PKI to enjoy 2 hours of it. then we went to Cincinnati Mills to ride Boa Squeeze!! #26!!

then we all just hung out for a while, it was great.

even though i had a crappy time at the park due to operation times, I really enjoyed myself for the entire trip.

BTW... Klockster had never ridden Delirium, Flight of Fear, or Tomb Raider: The Ride before, and he loved them all...

Klockster: Vortex Just Got Owned!! (in reference to FoF)

Klockster, Have you decided which one you like better? FoF or Vortex? Delirium or TRTR?

oh yeah, and before I wrap up, i must say, I know I love both Delirium and TRTR, but when you already have to pee... and you get on and someone *cough*DeliriumDreamer*cough* Staples you, then the ride itself gives you the little squeeze, things arent any better!! I had to pee soo bad... ha ha ha laugh.gif

Congrats everyone, We have made it throug the off-season!! Public Operation starts this Saturday!!

Yeah, I was kind of ****ed off that the weather was awful on Saturday. That wasn't in my plans at all... We had fun, and I got to meet some new friends and got an awesome t-shirt and bandana!

As for sunday, well, Adam can speak for himself... now who was that person who got a picture of me checking bars?

Honestly, the park could have been open longer,

Did you see the weather? Feel it? The employees could hardly work in that, let alone have you ride in it!

Diana, Truly, it could have been open longer, it got warmer later in the day, the park closed, and about an hour later, it was decent outside!

as far as working in it, you guys have that awesome fleece to wear.

ha ha ha

and its not like the water rides were open! Im talking like Delirium and Fof and TRTR and other good ones could have been open, i mean I was one of the biggest sufferers of the day, my hands turned PURPLE on The Beast!!

I love to put my hands up! Bullet rain!

it would have been really nice if Seibert had asked us if we would like a rain check ticket... or anything like that, i mean there was no possibility for that next day.

and again, if you want the rest of the explanation, i cant say it here, AIM me

However, I was not able to attend the PKI Sneek Preview Sunday...

I was driving back home... on only 5 hours of sleep!

unsure.gif I'm sorry if I kept you guys up... it was fun, though! (even if all of our alarm clocks went off at different times, and someone kinda misunderstood the meaning of the snooze button on my alarm clock. Ya gotta admit- my alarm clock was the coolest!)

Honestly, the park could have been open longer,

Did you see the weather? Feel it? The employees could hardly work in that, let alone have you ride in it!

Diana, Truly, it could have been open longer, it got warmer later in the day, the park closed, and about an hour later, it was decent outside!

as far as working in it, you guys have that awesome fleece to wear.

ha ha ha

and its not like the water rides were open! Im talking like Delirium and Fof and TRTR and other good ones could have been open, i mean I was one of the biggest sufferers of the day, my hands turned PURPLE on The Beast!!

I love to put my hands up! Bullet rain!

it would have been really nice if Seibert had asked us if we would like a rain check ticket... or anything like that, i mean there was no possibility for that next day.

and again, if you want the rest of the explanation, i cant say it here, AIM me

I was told that the ticket would have been honored for Sunday.

Did you ask at the gate as you left? I'm willing to bet that you would have been able to get back in on Sunday.

I was in Mason til nearly 4 pm, it never cleared up... that I knew of. Frankly, I think you are wrong in saying so. I know I would not have liked to stay. And with a whopping 800 people in the park, they made the right, moneywise decision....

Remember that, it's about the money....and if they feel they would loose more money by being open with few guests- they have every right to close. Remember- I believe that the back of the ticket does say, Dates and Times are subject to change....

I was in Mason til nearly 4 pm, it never cleared up... that I knew of. Frankly, I think you are wrong in saying so. I know I would not have liked to stay. And with a whopping 800 people in the park, they made the right, moneywise decision....

Remember that, it's about the money....and if they feel they would loose more money by being open with few guests- they have every right to close. Remember- I believe that the back of the ticket does say, Dates and Times are subject to change....

There wasn't even 800 people in the park on Saturday. You were actually lucky that the park even opened because they were thinking about not even opening on Saturday the night before.

There wasn't even 800 people in the park on Saturday. You were actually lucky that the park even opened because they were thinking about not even opening on Saturday the night before.

true, but the tickets were being honored for sunday, as everybody knows, yet i WAS NOT AVAILABLE TO GO on sunday, so i was dissappointed...

but thinges were better then on

DeliriumDreamer's Clock is the best! "Fascinating...My father would love to have seen this... youre making a big mistake!..."

How is that lucky?

I work there, if it hadn't opened, I would have been saved a 45 minute drive for 3 horus of work....

I'm sorry. I quoted you, but my statement was directed towards Legend Rider, since he was a quest. Sorry about the confusion.

Yeah - Saturday rearranged my best rides list.

TRTR

Delirium

FoF

Vortex

SOB

Prior to Saturday, it was

SOB

Vortex

Beast

Recar

FACE/OFF

laugh.gif

It was a great day in my opinion. It was Don who took that pic of you checking - and he should be sending it to me soon. laugh.gif

true, but the tickets were being honored for sunday, as everybody knows, yet i WAS NOT AVAILABLE TO GO on sunday, so i was dissappointed...

And how is that PKI's Fault?

So they did give you a rain check- you just were unable to use it on the day provided.

Look you didn't pay to get in, so I really don't have sympathy for anyone cause it rained, and they closed.

They did the right thing.