Lights on FOF?

familyman

Because the didn't flip the switch off in the drum probably, or the emergency light button on the driver panel is screwed up again, and won't work.

Personally I like FOF a lot better with all the lights on, but it does suck if its just the roof lights.

And while we are on the topic about Flight of Fear, anyone know why its trimming in the block brakes again?

Lights off is better; it preserves the Outer Space feeling. I wonder if the noobs have any idea how to turn the lights off, cause it would seem like that's the case. Here's a hint for anyone here that might work FOF: when in doubt, flip all the switches off.

Ive rode The Beast at night, during the day, in dry weather and in the rain - it really isn't that great no matter when you ride it.

My very first ride on Beast was at night - and it was pretty cool. But when it was over - I went back to Vortex for a few more rides before the park closed. biggrin.gif

Speaking of lights out, has anyone ever ridden The Beast at night with the lights out?  Its the most awesome ride of your life!

Yeah, it's awsome. I rode The Beast at night for the first time ever last year. It was great.

laugh.gif jennifer

I believe during the Fearfest last year they had FOF going with absolutely no lights. That was great. Even after riding it so many times with the minimal light they usually have, I still didn't know which way I was going. I thought it was neat to ride it once with the lights on because the track is neat looking all twisted and whatnot, but it's much better with them off.

As for The Beast, I was so mad when they put lights in the woods. It's so much better in the dark. I had a friend from work who got hurt riding it back in the 90's when it had no lights and he jarred something in his back and complained to the park (he had to wear a brace for a while). I'm assuming things like that led to the lights being turned on. And I don't believe all of the thousands who love The Beast have been brainwashed into loving it. We just know a great coaster from a mediocre one when we ride it.

As for The Beast, I was so mad when they put lights in the woods. It's so much better in the dark. I had a friend from work who got hurt riding it back in the 90's when it had no lights and he jarred something in his back and complained to the park (he had to wear a brace for a while). I'm assuming things like that led to the lights being turned on. And I don't believe all of the thousands who love The Beast have been brainwashed into loving it. We just know a great coaster from a mediocre one when we ride it.

I totally agree, The Beast is a spectacular ride. Anyone whose says it is mediocre really does not know what they are talking about. Whether or not you enjoy it, it is your favorite, your least favorite, or somewhere in the middle, you HAVE to admit that it is an amazing and one of a kind ride.

It was neat riding it with the lights on just once. But I prefer the lights off. That way you loose yourself in the ride.

As for The Beast at night nothing beats it.

wrong others can beat it, i want Delirium @ night! woo! me loves it! and i do like some raven at twilight and later! wicked!! and back to FOF, i rode 2X with lights!

I do want the lights to turn off, its not the correct feeling for it. turn them off, get lost! but i can still see everything, when im in the drum, i see all, dim, but i see it.

I KNOW WHY THEY HAVE THE LIGHTS ON!!!!!! Its because that a little kid get on it and the parent can ask op to trun on. ( never had to ride the ride with lights on smile.gif

That is the most stupidest thing i've heard. The only time the ride ops will turn the lights on is when there is a special event going on, and everyone agrees.

One reason why the lights were off when you were riding FOF during Fear Fest is because after 12am, the lights on are on a timer and they turn off. So, part of Fear Fest is completely in the dark! That makes it really hard for the ride op to see the train as it goes thru the ride.

They never turn the drum lights during normal operation with the exception of the last ride of the night. Sometimes, if everyone wants them one, we would turn them on.

No... I don't want both Flight of Fear rides to change to soundwave. I like them as they are now. But everyone know that it will soon change to soundwave. Ride is while you can. Soundwave was just a suggestion that made me think alot. Im out.

PKD4LIFE smile.gif

There is nothing wrong with this ride. Even though it’s the same old inside it’s still a well themed attraction. I would much rather see them spend money on a new ride than fixing something that is still kool. You know the term don’t fix it if it isn’t broken! I wish we could get a straight answer why they are running it with the lights on. Nobody on here works on that ride?