SFGADV INTAMIN WOODIE!

sniped from Xtreme coasters...From Kristin Siebeneicher-Public Relations Manager for Six Flags Great Adventure:

" MEDIA ALERT - September 21, 2005

SIX FLAGS GREAT ADVENTURE WILL ANNOUNCE MONSTROUS WOODEN ROLLER COASTER

AND NEW KIDS' AREA FOR 2006

When:

Release date - Wednesday, Sept. 28, 2005

What:

Six Flags Great Adventure, the World's largest regional theme park,

will soon announce the details of its dramatic 2006 expansion plans.

The announcement will include an enormous, record-breaking wooden

roller coaster -- the park's first new wooden coaster since 1978. One

of two newly-themed areas - the park's third section devoted to

children - will focus solely on families with exciting pint-sized

adventures for the littlest thrill seekers."

THIS IS AWESOME I CANT WAIT TO RIDE IT!

Its a good park cause the rides are all pretty cool. Granted I haven't riden Kingda Ka yet, but that place is so run down. The up keep is horrible. The staff mediocre. The current layout of the park (ie the way traffic flows) as compared to back in 1995 when I had a season pass (cause I lived in Philly - sup) is horrible. Finally the crowds that are drawn to the place are just not people you really want to meet or ever hang out with.

I'll probably be out to SFGAdv next year so I can ride these two rides, the woodie and Kingda Ka, but only so I can ride all of their rides again. Other wise I wouldn't bother traveling that far for to visit that park ever again.

I hope it doesn't break The Beast's record for longest wooden coaster dry.gif I can see it beating Son of Beast's for tallest and fastest, so that the park has the tallest and fastest steel and wooden coasters in the world. Now we know why their selling Astro World, to make money for this expansion, just like when they sold Worlds of Adventure for their last expansion rolleyes.gif Stupid Six Flags, why do they consentrate all their money into the parks that don't need it? I'll be glade to see them go, thats for sure!

I hope it doesn't break The Beast's record for longest wooden coaster dry.gif I can see it beating Son of Beast's for tallest and fastest, so that the park has the tallest and fastest steel and wooden coasters in the world. Now we know why their selling Astro World, to make money for this expansion, just like when they sold Worlds of Adventure for their last expansion rolleyes.gif Stupid Six Flags, why do they consentrate all their money into the parks that don't need it? I'll be glade to see them go, thats for sure!

They didnt sell SFWOA for kingda Ka and the Golden Kingdom!!! tehy sold it to get that property off there hands!

They didnt sell SFWOA for kingda Ka and the Golden Kingdom!!! tehy sold it to get that property off there hands!

Are you sure about that? Where do you think a park chain in debt gets money like that from for an expansion of that caliber? Oh, that's right, they have another HUGE expansion coming up, and look, another park is being sold, Astroworld dry.gif

Maybe this is a good thing that they're putting all of the money into GAdv. Each year, something else will go into GAdv, and another Six Flags park somewhere else will die off. Eventually, only Great Adventure will be left, and then Six Flags can try to keep their ADD-selves occupied on one park, rather than the hundreds they have scattered around right now.

Remember:

Every time a new ride goes into GAdv, God kills another Six Flags park

user posted image

Are you sure about that? Where do you think a park chain in debt gets money like that from for an expansion of that caliber? Oh, that's right, they have another HUGE expansion coming up, and look, another park is being sold, Astroworld dry.gif

They sure as hell didn't sell SFWoA for Golden Kingdom. IN fact, they practically GAVE the park to Cedar Fair in a desperate attempt to unload a place that had turn ZERO profit throughout that whole ordeal. So no, that didn't pay for Golden Kingdom. Despite being in debt, the company does still have some disposable income and have the need to expand their properties that DO make money for them. Great Adventure is a cash cow, which is why they got so much of the $125 million that Six Flags invested in new additions at its parks.

This new ride looks amazing. Nobody has mentioned the stats yet (though L*R did compare it to the Voyage in another thread rolleyes.gif). So here it is!

EL TORO

Length: 4400'

Height: 181'

Drop: 176'

Speed: 70 mph

Duration: 1:42

Max Vertical Angle: 76 Degrees

181' tall Lift Hill with a 176' drop at 76.0°

112' tall Hill

100' tall Hill

82' tall Hill

76 degree drop! That is 14 degrees away from being a WOODEN DIVE MACHINE!!! The ride is made by Intamin and uses prefabricated track. They just ship it over here, and it goes together like lego bricks.