Speed Pass?

Jasper

Two rides I find surprising that have not had a Speed Lane line built is Face Off and Flight of Fear.

Flight of Fear may work if they added another train to increase capacity. Face-Off is one of those rides that are hard to make a speed lane for. That ride itself needs to work hard to get the line moving at a good pace. Now the crew this year is doing a great job and the line has been moving quite well so it could work. But why buy a speed pass when you can just go on a day the park is not crowded?

Maybe PKI should have speed lines, and when the park is really croweded they could use them. Normally the lines are that bad just to wait it out. With the excepiton of a few rides. Face/Off Drop Zone and maybe Delirium, and Tomb Raider.

• 2 weeks later...
Why not every ride in the park? huh.gif

Not every ride has great demand, for one. You can get on Top Gun, Adventure Express, Racer (uh, maybe) and Vortex relatively quickly because of good capacitty - especially on busy days.

Also, only those select rides had special entrances and/or lanes created for this purpose - because of their popularity and/or slightly lower capacity.

If the new Cedar Fair owners decide to ditch the "Speed Lane" or any reservation system, I would be OK with that: as long as they do their best to send trains/vehicles quickly, and fill every available seat. Having a single rider line on the Stunt Track, Delirium, Drop Zone (maybe others too) would be great.

And finally they need a system of signs throughout the park that display updated ride wait times (or if the ride is running) like they have at Universal. That would save me the trouble if i just got of The Beast- i wouldnt have to walk across the park to see if Delirium has opened back up or not -- or if SoB's lines have died down yet. The problem would be keeping it updated to the minute.

Now THAT is a good idea. You win the PKIC Nobel Peace Prize of the day. How about marquis around the park with ride closures and wait times? I love it.

It'd be like the AIRPORT at PKI. Good idea, but I REALLY don't see it ever happening.

Today if they were a speed pass available they would have been no need for it. Flight of Fear and IJ:ST were the longest lines today. Everything else was a walk on, except maybe a 1 or 2 train (cycle) wait.

Speed Lane is available Saturdays and Sundays only, now (June) through mid-August. They expect Saturdays (and sometimes, Sundays) to be the busiest days, obviously.

I got my Speed Lane tickets last Saturday, though they were redundant because of the light crowds due to the light rain and cool temps.