Cedar Fair is at least Interested in PKI

CoastersRZ

It's not hard. Heck, it's not even really that expensive.

But the powers that be are not really that interested in the entire Entertainment and Experience area right now.

Only the future will tell if we can get all that back.

The good thing is that the park will be sold before Paramount has the chance to tear out International Showplace. That would be a huge loss.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope they buy the park .

I hope they don't. tongue.gif

Like WooferBear said, how do you know that's that best option?

The best opinion cant be made until Cedar Fair buys PKI and does something to it.

But i think that Cedar Fair is ONE of the best picks to buy PKI.. universal buying PKI nuh uh, Disney, Nope, and Six Flags (kill me now if they do!)

I know I might get BASHED for saying this, but... I for one HOPE they remove international showplace and put a nice, "sit down and be waited on" restuarant! Maybe give it a lower, middle, and sun deck! Oh well, as stated... only TIME will tell! -Hauntguy

WB,

I dont think you have any idea what the powers that be are interested in, to be frank. You make all your sensationalist claims that quite honestly are non-substantiated. You chronically say "Paramount" rips this out, changes that and so on and so forth. WHO is "paramount"? Most of the 'senior staff' at Kings Island has worked there for many many years, even before Viacom purchased the parks - So its not like this California media conglomorate is ripping things out right and left.... and you know that.

I really think in your warped mind that you see executives from Paramount come to the parks and just say "this needs to go".... and out it goes

Kings Island is still Kings Island - the staff is 99.95% from Cincinnati / Dayton....

Furthermore ... You have no idea the cost of presenting a show, if memory serves, werent you in food service? Just because you were a full timer, doesnt mean you know how much these things cost.

Lastly, why would losing the international showplace be a huge loss?

You can't have it both ways.

Are you saying removal of the Flying Eagles was a LOCAL decision?

Are all the budget cuts this year LOCAL decisions?

This is one time I am with WooferBear...there are great people at Kings Island, but many of the decisions ARE made by corporate, which is in Charlotte, NOT Cinci OR California.

If Paramount Pictures had had more interest in and control of the parks, they'd be radically different places. Better or worse, I am not smart enough to know, but radically different.

No no no...

I think i worded that incorrectly - I meant that the executives at paramount / viacom .... not the corporate office in charlotte... ie Les Moonves

However, I think it would be safe to assume that the people in Charlotte are very familiar with park operations.... and as for the removal of the eagles... It was more of a loss to the enthusiasts than the GP overall....

Sorry - i should have worded that a little better