Some interesting Historical Pictures

CoastersRZ

KI History...now here is something to sink my teeth into.

Tower was darker originally.  It does look better in the lighter color.

The 50 foot level was a nightmare.  Not only was it not accessable for guests with disabilities, it was a safety hazard.  It was easy to climb the legs and get onto to the roof, as at least one suicidal guest tried.

I disagree. There's really no issue with the 50' level of the tower.

I'm not evening mentioning Tower Johnny. One KI team member told a story of chasing a woman through the park from Health Service (or Security, I can't remember) and the guest bolted for the 50 foot level of Tower. She started climbing up the leg and the staffer had to pin her to the leg until security could arrive. This is from a source from which I would not question the existance of the Loch Ness Monster.

Johnny was just S T U P I D

The last time I was up on the platform, I saw from an ops point just what a problem that area could be.

The entire matter is a moot point. Cedar Fair is perhaps the last company on earth to even THINK of letting guests on that level. Control of guest behavior so that other guests may have a good day is a matter of major priority for them. And I, for one, am glad it is. If you don't do that these days, down that road Six Flags Magic Mountain and its wonderful guest experience lies...

Not a Code Guru by any means, but unless the whole law changes I would think that it could be grandfathered in. It all pends on whether the 50' level was "offically closed" or just blocked off and if the old permits were left to expire or renewed. Plus, the use would have never changed.

Same with IR... It is still used as food oriented public gathering area... and has never closed completely. If I am not mistaken (and I might be)- but isn't there a service elevator on the south end of the building? I've been up in IR 3 times over the last 2 years for various meetings and I thought I remember passing by one.

Not a Code Guru by any means, but unless the whole law changes I would think that it could be grandfathered in. It all pends on whether the 50' level was "offically closed" or just blocked off and if the old permits were left to expire or renewed. Plus, the use would have never changed.

Same with IR... It is still used as food oriented public gathering area... and has never closed completely. If I am not mistaken (and I might be)- but isn't there a service elevator on the south end of the building? I've been up in IR 3 times over the last 2 years for various meetings and I thought I remember passing by one.

Yeah, but it comes up right in the food prep area so you don't want to be brining people up the service elevator.

Oh, and someone mentioned that there are contruction pictures from the tower and Vortex.... where do you find those at?

Yeah i've been wanting to see Vortex construction pictures for a long time. Are they still up anywhere?