fearfest

beastfan11

Knowing Cedar Fair, Look for a Fright Zone in the future. For those who dont know what im talking about, FZ is just a normal midway that they load up on fog machines and have actors walk about. Also the ENTIRE park will probaly be open and not just a few areas.

Last year I would have to say that the Coney Maul WAS NOT a scarezone! A scarezone to me is like Corstalkers/Gauntlet area... Coney was only lit and had actors who roamed it (somewhat, most of which did not stay in their area and ended up in other parts of the park)... You want SCAREZONES>> Go to HHN!

I think the perfect place for a haunt in AZ would be to open up the old q-line under the station of TG! Really work with it and turn into a haunted battleship or ghostship... I think that would be scary as hell! Have a greeter were that part of the Q starts... then break off the line for TG in groups of about 6-7... that way the haunt could span all the way to the ride and not have "wait for the ride" in the haunt!

Also the empty lot behind Delirium would be cool! Maybe haunt out AE! Put some live actors in there... bloody props, strobes, musis, etc.! Also... maybe close down Skyflyer and set a tent up on that plot of land and do a haunt! That's a pretty big piece of land KI has.... I think a haunt there would be cool!

I know at Knotts they close down the bumber cars... remove the cars... and build a haunt within the building! Maybe KI could do that if they want to get the haunts onto the midways! I think Maze of Madness would go perfect into a bumber cars building!

Just my thoughts! -Hauntguy

OH! Also, Captian Jack.... The Freezer, The Sewer, etc... those were all haunts licensed out by KI from "The Sudden Impact! Entertainment Company"... Lynton V. Harris owns/operates the company and was the man in charge at the first Fearfest. This was just a "Getting Started" event that set KI off to get their own attractions! Just a litle info. -Hauntguy

Honestly I was really dissapointed by Fearfest 2005. They made it more family oriented IMO.. sleepy hallow really isn't that scary of a theme. And I don't want to argue about it, because most of the people on this board work at pki.

I didn't get a chance to go thorugh Massacre Manor in '05 because I heard they made it to dark, but it was my favorite in '04.

But Headless Hollow didn't work for me. It had a creep premises but failed miserably(alot of you disagree, thats fine, like I said this is my opinion.. and my groups opinion). It did get a much larger line yes, but alot of young children got in line, and even they were bored by the haunt. I tohught it was boring because it was way to spacious, and you could see the rest of the haunt before you get there. Where there is a crate, there is an actor, so its not like you could have been suprised. Some crates didn't have an actor, yes thats true, but most did. There was really no other scenery. The only creepy moment in the haunted house was the bridge, the fog amount was crazy, and that made the haunt worth the wait.

They really downed maze of madness, they were just putting people in to fast and everyone kept catching on to the group infront of them to where there was a solid line to get out of the haunted house. That occured every single time I went through, and I went through at least 7 different times. In '03 and '04, that never happened with my group.

I really got excited by this post because you guys said a big make-over this year, so I can't wait, I hope they do well this year.

Go ahead and try and explain or tear apart my post, but my opinion still stands.

Thanks if you read.

I think it would be cool to re-theme (really retheme, not rename) "Maze of Madness" into "House of Jigsaw". Yes, Jigsaw from the SAW movies! You would travel through a twisted industrial maze of chainlink and fog... the maze is filled with some of Jigsaws "trapped victims" and some victims that didn't have a happy ending! Really pump the gore and startle factor and you may have a really BAD@$$ haunt!

Also, maybe have an area before you enter the haunt were you watch a greeting video or listen to an audio tape from Jigsaw! That would be awesome!

Also I am hoping that PsychoPath, Maze of Madness and Sleepy Hollow Horror gets some new awesome facades! MoM doesn't even have one! SHH... don't even go there! Psycho Path just kind of walked into the trail... odd? -Hauntguy

No point in tearing apart StXsteven's post 'cause, to me, what you said was right. Excluding Massacre Manor, cornSTALKERS, that Gauntlet thingy, and the Maze of Madness monster, FF 05 was a dud. I blame the majority of it on maze management for thinking that having one huge line go through the entire maze was a good idea. This, of course, happened in Maze of Madness, Headless Hollow, PsychoPath, and that Fear Street Nights maze (originally House of Darkness).

Manor was darkened down last year, but that made it an even scarier experience. Of course, it was still as beautiful last year as when it opened the year before, you just couldn't see a lot of the maze interior.

Really, the idea of Sleepy Hollow as a theme would have been scarier had they innovated more and not stuck to cheap gags (I.E.: monsters with their throats slit). I, for one, would have LOVED to see the Headless Horseman ride on an actual HORSE through Rivertown, though it would be nearly impossible to pull off with the October crowds.

As for Headless Hollow, it would have been better if they moved the train stop up to the Boomerang Bay station rather than have it at the Pumpkin Patch station, and had utilized the Picnic Grove path as the backdrop for HH. It would cut the wait for the train in half.

See, my idea would be to have the Picnic Grove be the location for Sleepy Hollow, utilizing both the Picnic Grove path and the employee path in between Nick Theater and River Adventure as entry/exit points for the zone. This way, several of the Picnic Shelters could be used for mazes; they're certainly large enough, aren't they?

I think it would be cool to re-theme (really retheme, not rename) "Maze of Madness" into "House of Jigsaw". Yes, Jigsaw from the SAW movies! You would travel through a twisted industrial maze of chainlink and fog... the maze is filled with some of Jigsaws "trapped victims" and some victims that didn't have a happy ending! Really pump the gore and startle factor and you may have a really BAD@$$ haunt!

Also, maybe have an area before you enter the haunt were you watch a greeting video or listen to an audio tape from Jigsaw! That would be awesome!

Also I am hoping that PsychoPath, Maze of Madness and Sleepy Hollow Horror gets some new awesome facades! MoM doesn't even have one! SHH... don't even go there! Psycho Path just kind of walked into the trail... odd? -Hauntguy

I think that could be a good idea Hauntguy! Although MoM was my favorite haunt in '03 and '04, '05 just sucked.. actors weren't as into it, there was a line to get out of the haunt, etc..

If they worked on that I think they could return it to its former glory. But I really do like the saw idea but getting the rights to that would be a censored.gif wouldn't it? I really don't know anything about legal rights I'm just taking a huge guess.

I totally forgot to mention anything about Psychopath. That was horrible. It was still one of the better haunts of the '05 season but thats not saying much. I would rather wait an extra hour in line then have to walk through the haunt with everybody as a straight line getting no scares. I thought the addition of the crawling tunnel was really cool, but they got rid of it right away(why did that happen?) Since it was a straight line the chainsaw actors had no idea who to attack so they didn't attack anyone.. especially because they couldn't get there chainsaws to work very well(kept stalling out.. I'm not saying this wouldn't of happened anyways, but if the haunt was more cotrolled they could have had time to work on their chainsaws)

I really don't have an opinion on the R.L. Stine's (sorry, can't remember name) it improved in some ways, but dropped in others. I still look at it the same, but it dropped its scares but made it more of a fun house.

The reason I talk about that is because I think that would be your better Jigsaw house, put it in there. There are big rooms(change the girls room into the bathroom for a creepy final scene), etc.. you get my point(hopefully)

In response to Ringmaster's post: yeah I probably should have checked out Massacre Manor I just thought it was amazing the year before because of all of the neat effects, and not being able to see them just made it sound a bit worse. Plus the line was extremely long and I didn't want to wait if it took away what I loved about it, but if you say they made it scarier, I regret not going through it.

I think your idea about the Picnic Grove was awesome and I really hope they do that, I don't see any bad coming out of that because that place is pretty easy to make creepy.

For those of you interested I took the liberty (bored) and made an audio clip that could be used if KI did chose to do a "House of Jigsaw"... kind of sets the mood for the haunt and explains the theme! Here's the link to the wav file...

http://www.terrorhome.com/houseofjigsaw.wav

Happy Haunting. -Hauntguy

PS: This is me in the clip... not Tobin Bell (Jigsaw)

For those of you interested I took the liberty (bored) and made an audio clip that could be used if KI did chose to do a "House of Jigsaw"... kind of sets the mood for the haunt and explains the theme! Here's the link to the wav file...

http://www.terrorhome.com/houseofjigsaw.wav

Happy Haunting. -Hauntguy

PS: This is me in the clip... not Tobin Bell (Jigsaw)

Wow that was awesome haha. kudos.

If pki used that I would be extremely excited, that is creepy.

The only thing you should do--if you dont mind*

is make another one, and say the point of the game is to keep your sanity.. that is if they keep the maze of madness name. if they change it to house of jigsaw, then keep what you got because that really is awesome.

Also, I would like to see some more shows and concerts for Fearfest... like an "Ozzfest" style show at Timberwolf! Or more worked out shows like "Bill and Teds" at Universal! That would be cool!

I also hope that KI plans to take advantage of the Friday the 13th that we will have this October! Perfect oppurtunity for some great marketing! -Hauntguy

I know... I've been busy creating marketing packages/plans for other attractions to use JUST FOR THAT DATE!!! It's crazy how psyched people get just because a 13th on a Friday is in October.... any other month it's like, "yeah, whatever"... LOL! -Hauntguy