Do you think SOB will open by next year?

pkister

• 3 weeks later...
I really didn't ride it when it was open, it beats the hell out of my legs giveing them yellow burzes. I wounldn't mind if it cough on fire.

Wow...I've never had a burze before, but I bet they hurt. However, I know SoB has never given me a bruise. I think it'll be open by next year, maybe not on opening day, but it'll be open next year. I'm just glad I got in one ride on it this year...the day before the accident, too. ohmy.gif

guitar.gif

Where does the ride engineering firm of Werner Stengel fit in to this equation? Given their reputation as the top coaster engineering firm don't some of these design problems fall on their shoulders? Perhaps SOB has to hasty of a design. Trying to emulate The Beast into a bigger beast has not fared well given SOB's history. In the history of roller coasters SOB will never be the equal of its father.

• 2 weeks later...
PKI probably wouldn't go to court because it was the company that said it was completely safe and approved it so it would not be Kings Islands problem as much as it is to the designer/maker whatever you want to call its problem.

To put it as simply as possible, unless the case is settled, PKI has NO CHOICE about whether or not it will go to court. It has been sued, and, as such, is a defendant. Defendants MUST answer in court unless there is a settlement. They can blame others (who become third party defendants unless they are already named to the action), put on a defense, or--wonder of wonders--admit liability, which only seems to happen on really bad tv shows...