Fearfest

StXsteven

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know everyone is talking about WasteLand as being transformed to Holliday Horror, but I had an interesting conversation with my wife over the weekend and she brought up quite a good point.

We were looking at the FearFest website and I was showing her the new ScareZones and talking about some of the rumors and ideas. She then brought up the fact that Cedar Point use to have a neat haunt in the picnic/beer garden at the front of the park called The Toxic Tunnel of Terror. Now whats even more interesting was the description on KI's site describing WasteLand sounded very similar to CP's TTT. She then asked if I thought it was possible that KI would be using the TTT props for WasteLand, because CP no longer uses them. Kind of interesting since Cedar Fair is running the show it is very possible they could use all of the props from TTT for a fright zone, but with all the rumors that Wasteland will be changed to Holliday Horror, I would say highly unlikely, but still interesting.

I know most of this has already been fgured out, but I thought I'd just lay it out..

"The Asylum (formerly Maze of Madness) will be in its usual location.

There will be no white tent maze, but we will have a brand new maze in

Rivertown called Cowboy Carnage. It is going to be fantastic!!

Massacre Manor is the former Fear Street. It will be in the same

location and the Scrambler will not be operating."

Maureen Kaiser sent that to me, so we can believe that for sure, The Asylum will NOT be under the tower. I know we've sad it before but there was still some dissagreement.

I sent her the e-mail like 2 weeks ago but she was out of the office, and finally got to respond. I asked her about the rest, I should get a response shortly.

If you guys read CAREFULLY through the post I made on here.... you would know were Circus of Horrors will be. I try to sublimanaly put in information (that I know is fact) into my post.

Also, does anyone ever think that International street could be used as a fear zone? This year, I.S. will be used... and I think you guys will like it. -Hauntguy

Could it possibly be moving into the Paramount Theater?

Wow, I'm alittle excited, read this

"The Circus of Horrors will be moving locations, yes.

Waste Land will not be opening. Holiday Horrors will be.

The Curse of the Crypt will be dark.

I'll have all of the complete info by the end of the week. Woohoo!!

Maureen Kaiser, APR

Paramount's Kings Island

Marketing Communications

513.754.5802"

Well Like I said before from what I read in Hauntguy's post I think Circus of Horrors may be moving to the Paramount Theater.

Also what does it mean that Curse of the Crypt will be dark? Is it coming back? I hope so because I really like it the year I went through it.

That's why I posted that, because I was confused as well. I e-mailed her back, I'll hopefully get a response by tonight. It must be a typo because I doubt it's coming back.

Edit:

Update: She said it will not be open, but didn't explain why she said it will be dark. That's good enough for me I guess smile.gif

I won't say where, but I WILL say that their new home is in an old location, and I'm not talking about an old FearFest location....although it is fairly close to an old FF venue.

That was one of my hints of where the Circus would be going. Circus is not in the 'Paramount' Theater, but I guess something else will be. In the mean time, think of other old FearFest locations, and refer back to what was said above.... wink.gif

Im confussed. Curse of the Crypt will be dark? Am I dumb and can't figure this out because my brain is fried from work or is Curse of the Crypt going to be part of another attraction?

Someone please help...

Maureen didn't clarify, but my guess is they will be adding alot of that haunt to another or something, and it will be dark. All she said is it will be dark, I replied and asked her what she meant, she said it won't be open. So take that for what its worth Idk?

"The Sewer in 3D, located at the Festhaus.

The Freezer, located under Eiffel Tower.

Museum of Terror (could be wrong on name), rethemed PT.

Trail of Terror, now "PsychoPath"

Capt. Jack and the Legend of Halloween 3D, Paramount Theater

Tower of Terror, located atop of Eiffel Tower

The Mummy, located in Hanna-Barbara Theater next to PT."

All right those are Fear Fest 2000.

Question was Captian jack a show or Haunted house ?

"The Sewer in 3D, located at the Festhaus.

The Freezer, located under Eiffel Tower.

Museum of Terror (could be wrong on name), rethemed PT.

Trail of Terror, now "PsychoPath"

Capt. Jack and the Legend of Halloween 3D, Paramount Theater."

All right those are Fear Fest 2000.

Question was Captian jack a show or Haunted house ?

EDIT: I think I should change it to "next door neighbor" instead of "fairly close to." But that may just screw people over even more. unsure.gif

You know, come to think of it, I have seen the facade to COTC next to the Asylum for two years now, except now it's next to the white tent where they're storing all the FearFest props, and it looks completely shredded as of now. Either they're repairing it, or just being lazy trying to get rid of it, or something like that.

......Hey, if they're not using it, maybe I can use it for our haunt event thingy at my school. unsure.gif

P.S.: By the way, last year, almost all of the COTC props went to Coney Maul as "garden scenes," you know the little garden areas in the middle of the CM path. The only major prop that didn't get put there was the big tunnel which was, and, if I'm not mistaken, still within PsychoPath (aka the Brave...and the Chicken).