Kings Dominion 2007

I was browsing the forums of PKD Place, where there was discussion about what our Virginia counterpart will be getting in 2007. They came across this brochure listed on the park's website for 2007 Career Days:

http://www3.paramountparks.com/kingsdomini...d_career_07.pdf

This may be a sign of how Cedar Fair will market, advertise, add to, and deal with the Paramount Parks in 2007.

• The park is still referred to heavily as Paramount's Kings Dominion.
  • The 2006 motif, including the filmstrips, fonts, and graphic design is present in this brochure.
  • The Cedar Fair Entertainment Company logo is located next to the Virginia/DC region map, on the right side of Page 3.
What's new?

WaterWorks expansion! Contrary to popular belief, they are not retheming WaterWorks to Boomerang Bay.

• Surf City Splash House, similar to the family play structure/slide/bucket complexes found at other Cedar Fair water parks like CP Soak City and GL Wildwater Kingdom.
  • "Two Huge Wave Pools." This means that they must be adding a wave pool, since WW currently has one. Dorney added a second pool in 2006 to their WWK.
  • ProSlide Tornado? Not specifically mentioned, but there's a graphic of what looks like PKI or GL's ProSlide Tornado funnel slide.

The Paramount Parks business entity still exists as a wholly-owned subsidiary of Cedar Fair Entertainment. My guess is that "Paramount Parks" is still the legal owner of record for the related intellectual property in the brochure. I would imagine that the Paramount Parks entity will eventually be dissolved at some point, unless there are tax beneifits for continuing to keep it around.

No. I "get" that they own Paramount Parks. Why they'd call 5 of their parks "Paramount Parks" and all of their other parks just regular Cedar Fair parks is what I was talking about...

and I'm not talking about calling each park 'Paramount's ____"

Although I understand what jzarley is talking about. It may be just something they'll disolve eventually or something they're keeping for some tax reason or something.

it was my understanding that they bought the paramount and nick licenses along with paramount parks.

They have the rights to use the Paramount intellectual property for up to ten years, with a financial consideration of some sort involved if not fully exercised. The Nick license has four years remaining. Paramount Pictures does have the rights to the Paramount name, and is a unit of VIACOM, not CBS. CBS couldn't sell more than it owned, and could only transfer that which it had a right to transfer.

Whether Cedar Fair chooses to use those options is up to it. I doubt seriously your first clue as to what PKD will be named next year would be an employment brochure. The parks will NOT change any marketing materials until they are ready to make an announcement...if they are changing the name, they won't tip their hat in an employment brochure....potential employees do care about who they will be working for, but what the name of the company is is probably near the very bottom of their concerns.

it was my understanding that they bought the paramount and nick licenses along with paramount parks.

Whether Cedar Fair chooses to use those options is up to it. I doubt seriously your first clue as to what PKD will be named next year would be an employment brochure. The parks will NOT change any marketing materials until they are ready to make an announcement...if they are changing the name, they won't tip their hat in an employment brochure....potential employees do care about who they will be working for, but what the name of the company is is probably near the very bottom of their concerns.

Very good point. They're still operating the parks like normal, even if that gives them the look of the old regime. It's possible, even, that a possible name change might not happen until March or April.

BUT now we DO know what one of the Paramount Parks is getting. They might not be calling it Boomerang Bay, but they are expanding a water park.

I almost wonder if the original plans called for a Boomerang Bay theme though, since that's what the parks were moving towards. I mean, it is really easy to just say no to that and keep it Waterworks while giving the guests something new, and saving money by not having to retheme everything.