Cedarfair.com updates property page

PKIVortex

Cedar Fair finally updated its property page to include the old Paramount Parks.

Kings Island, a combination amusement and water park located near Cincinnati, Ohio, first opened in 1972 and was acquired by the Partnership in June of 2006. Kings Island is one of the largest seasonal amusement parks in the United States, measured by the number of rides and attractions and the hourly ride capacity. The park has received recognition for the Best Kids’ Area in the World for six consecutive years by Amusement Today’s international survey.

The park’s total market area includes approximately 15 million people, and the major areas of dominant influence in this market area, which are Cincinnati, Dayton and Columbus, Ohio, Louisville and Lexington, Kentucky, and Indianapolis, Indiana include approximately 8 million people.

In Kings Island’s major markets, its primary amusement park competitors are Holiday World in Santa Claus, Indiana approximately 200 miles away, Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom in Louisville, Kentucky approximately 125 miles away and the Partnership’s other two Ohio parks Cedar Point, in Sandusky and Geauga Lake in Aurora.

Canada’s Wonderland, a combination amusement and water park located near Toronto in Vaughn, Ontario, first opened in 1981 and was acquired by the Partnership in June of 2006. It is one of the most attended regional amusement parks in North America. Canada’s Wonderland is in a culturally diverse metropolitan market with large populations of different ethnicities and national origins, and more than 20 ethnic-targeted cultural festivals featuring renowned music artists from across the world perform every year in the Kingswood Music Theatre, located within the park. The park’s total market area includes approximately 9 million people.

In Canada’s Wonderland’s major markets, its primary amusement park competitors are Ontario Place in Toronto and Six Flags Darien Lake, located 125 miles away in Darien Center, New York.

Kings Dominion, a combination amusement and water park located near Richmond, Virginia, first opened in 1975 and was acquired by the Partnership in June of 2006. The parks total market area includes approximately 19 million people and the major areas of dominant influence in this market area, which are Richmond and Norfolk, Virginia, Raleigh, North Carolina, Baltimore, Maryland and Washington, D.C, include approximately 12 million people.

In Kings Dominion’s major markets, its primary amusement park competitors are Six Flags America, located 120 miles away in Largo, Maryland; Busch Gardens and Water Country USA in Williamsburg, Virginia, located approximately 50 miles away.

Carowinds, a combination amusement and water park located in Charlotte, North Carolina, first opened in 1973 and was acquired by the Partnership in June of 2006. Carowinds’ major markets include Charlotte, Greensboro, and Raleigh, North Carolina as well as Greenville and Columbia, South Carolina. The park’s total market area includes approximately 14 million people.

In Carowinds’ major markets, its primary amusement park competitors are Six Flags Over Georgia, located 250 miles away in Atlanta, Georgia, Wet ‘n Wild Emerald Pointe located approximately 100 miles away in Greensboro, North Carolina and Dollywood in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee, approximately 225 miles away.

Great America, a combination amusement and water park located in Santa Clara, California, first opened in 1976 and was acquired by the Partnership in June of 2006. The parks total market area includes approximately 13 million people and draws its visitors primarily from San Jose, San Francisco, Sacramento, Modesto and Monterey, among other cities in Northern California.

In Great America’s major markets, its primary amusement park competitors are Six Flags marine World, located 60 miles away in Vallejo, California, Raging Waters in San Jose, California and Bonfante Gardens in Gilroy, California, which is also managed by the Partnership.

http://www.cedarfair.com/ir/company/properties/

"Finally getting around to doing it?"

-I guess CF did a disservice to you by not putting it out sooner huh?

I am glad that it is up now, and the hallmark of a good company is the quality of its work, not just rushing things to the table...SoB anyone? I dont think it took them too long at all!

"Finally getting around to doing it?"

-I guess CF did a disservice to you by not putting it out sooner huh?

I am glad that it is up now, and the hallmark of a good company is the quality of its work, not just rushing things to the table...SoB anyone? I dont think it took them too long at all!

Wow Cory, didn't know something that trivial would cause such a ruckus on your end. My post was clearly in good fun and if you didn't see that, then...well, I'm not going to say I'm sorry, because that's just your loss.

Now, that being said...While I don't mind that it took them some time to update the page, I'm sure there are those that might have a bit of a problem. Even if they were still hammering out the details on the Paramount name/licensing they could've very easily updated the properties page to reflect the purchase. Instead, if an outsider were to come looking for info on Cedar Fair, they'd be presented at first with a map of 14 theme/amusement park properties (not counting water parks here). When they go to "Properties" to get more info on each park, though, they were presented with only 7 properties. Big difference. For a corporate web page with some vital information, I'd hope they would update that info quickly...especially since it was such a large acquisition.

Note that each former Paramount Park is now referred to as an AMUSEMENT, not theme, park.

This is not by accident.

I am quite certain these descriptions passed many musters, and were carefully worded.

A la:

Kings Island, a combination amusement and water park located near Cincinnati, Ohio, first opened in 1972 and was acquired by the Partnership in June of 2006. Kings Island is one of the largest seasonal amusement parks in the United States, measured by the number of rides and attractions and the hourly ride capacity....
[emphasis supplied]

Although I agree that this was done on purpose, not many people outside of some of us enthusiasts on this site and others truly know the difference between a themepark and an amusement park! As sad as that is, I have heard the terms interchanged between the Likes of Disney, Universal, KI, and Cedar Point. Im sure some of you have experienced the same as well :(

Note that each former Paramount Park is now referred to as an AMUSEMENT, not theme, park.

This is not by accident.

I am quite certain these descriptions passed many musters, and were carefully worded.

A la:

Kings Island, a combination amusement and water park located near Cincinnati, Ohio, first opened in 1972 and was acquired by the Partnership in June of 2006. Kings Island is one of the largest seasonal amusement parks in the United States, measured by the number of rides and attractions and the hourly ride capacity....
[emphasis supplied]

Hmm, I could go either way on that one. I totally agree with what you've said, but I also remember Kings Island's page last year called it "Cincinnati's Largest Themed Amusement Park" or something like that...keywords being "themed amusement park". So even last year they weren't technically calling it a theme park.