Cedar Point coaster club events - Millennium Walkback and Coaster Campout

https://www.cedarpoint.com/blog-article/online-fun/Love-Coasters-Check-Out-These-Events

Millennium Walkback: Members of approved coaster clubs can show up at the Marina Gate 10 minutes before the start of early entry every Saturday and Sunday (except opening day) and will be walked back to Millennium Force for the first ride of the day, then can enjoy early entry. All participants must show a current membership club from an approved club; no non-member guests.

Coaster Campout: Ever wanted to pitch a tent and sleep overnight INSIDE the park? On Friday, July 18, you can do just that. Evening ERT on the 18th and morning ERT on Saturday the 19th is included, and there is no charge for the event beyond regular admission. At least one person in the party must be a member of an approved coaster club, and that person must make the reservation. Discounted hotel rates will be available for those who want to attend, but do not want to sleep in a tent.

I wasn't planning to go to CP this year, but suddenly the Coaster Campout seems VERY interesting.... :)

• Like 13

The Millennium Walkback sounds really cool- I've actually been contemplating heading up to The Point sometime this summer (2014) and the ride I'm most excited about riding is Millennium Force, so I may have to participate one weekend! B)

EDIT: Also, the camping event sounds cool too and think it would be awesome if an event like this occurred at Kings Island as I never had the chance to enjoy the old KI campgrounds.

• Like 7

Been there done that, it's not as fun as you think

Especially Mayfly season may still be in effect slightly.

If I end up staying here, next few weeks will tell, if any grassy area stays, I already know where I'm staying ;)

But lot goes on at night, so sleep may not be happening, especially if they're doing late, and early ERT.

Seriously though, you're not missing much

• Like 3

If I end up staying here, next few weeks will tell

Wait, there's a chance you won't be going to Guam? Sweet! :D

But lot goes on at night, so sleep may not be happening, especially if they're doing late, and early ERT.

Who needs sleep that night? Just ride Top Thrill Dragster in the morning. That launch will wake you up in a hurry. Front seat on Millie has the same effect. I can testify from experience that they both work. :)

• Like 7

Might not go, right now with the way the AF is cutting, I need to score well on this PT test, if not, they're only going to spend money to send top people there. Stuff is shaky atm, I want to ace this test and be done, don't get me wrong. If I stay however, I'm not complaining I have alot here that I want to stay for. Hell Lindz is enough for me to stay atm. Giving up a 2.5 year relationship and putting it on the sidelines for two years is somewhat nerve wracking.

• Like 7

• 3 weeks later...

Details for the Campout have been posted: https://www.cedarpoint.com/online-fun/coaster-campout

Some highlights:

• Admission is free both days (but coaster club membership is required of the person who registers)
  • 1.5 hours of Maverick/Skyhawk ERT Friday night
  • 2 hours of Millennium Force/Gatekeeper ERT Saturday morning
  • Dinner (on Friday) and breakfast (on Saturday) are included
  • Maximum of 4 people per tent
  • Campsites are in the Antique Cars area.
  • Participants will be chosen by lottery
  • Like 3

I e-mailed them and asked some questions. The registration ends Monday at noon. Shortly after they will do the lottery and let everyone know. If you don't get in you can still take part in the events you just can't camp in the park and can bring one guest with you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I registered yesterday. I really hope I get chosen, because otherwise I can't do this at all. I don't have the money for a hotel room, so camping for free is the only way I can go. But if I don't get chosen, that's OK also, because I wasn't planning to go to Cedar Point this year anyway. So this would just be a nice bonus. :)

• Like 1

...I wasn't planning to go to Cedar Point this year anyway. So this would just be a nice bonus. :)

U mad bro?

...huh? :unsure:

I knew last fall that I would not have the money for Cedar Point in the budget this year, between the cost of admission (Platinum Pass upgrade/daily tickets) and a hotel room. Overnight travel, period, just isn't in the cards for this year. But if I can camp for free and get free admission, then I'll be grateful for the opportunity, and I'd be a fool to pass it up. :)

• Like 2

You've "been there done that" because you were an employee there. I am not. :P

As for hotels, unless I'm staying in an on-site hotel or camping, I prefer Wyndham brands so I can get (or redeem) rewards points. I could get a room at the Knights Inn in Sandusky for 8,000 points, but for a seven-hour turnaround, I'm very hesitant to stay off-site because that would cut into my sleep time and would mean having to drive in the morning while probably not fully awake.

The hotel I'm referring to is literally 6-7 minutes tops in your driving up the road.

I've stayed at the Knights Inn there, it's a bit more expensive during the season. When I can get a King Suite w/ Jacuzzi for 30 or so bucks, I can't do it during the normal season lol.

But again, the parking lot next to Louies/Common dorms, easy spot to park and sleep, did it during the season last year. On point parking, yeah they're not going to look through cars. I only got woken up once when I slept on point by a maint. guy making sure I was ok, that was it.

But ah well..just throwing it out there

• Like 1