A great trip to OHIO

indianapolisman

After four years, and several trips to Mount Comfrot's Indianapolis Air Show we went back to see Dayton put on a show. This time we had a little extra cargo. See last time my wife was pregnent with my son, and my daughter was'nt even a year old so she stayed with family. They got such a kick out of our show last year we decided they needed to see the real deal. Althogh it was not the show I recalled from my last visit, no pyro-tech, reanactments, and the harrier was there (best demo. ever). However nothing they did was dissapointing at all, quite a treat. Mount Comfort has a great show too, the only down fall is the fact there is only one jet demo. at the end, and they fly in from miles away due to the shorter run way. Each of the two have their own Pro's and Con's though, could not believe no coolers allowed at Dayton's, also no cannopy's allowed. Now mabye this is due to problems in the past, but both of these things are still widley used at Mount Comfort.

Other than leaving our cooler at the gate all day we had a great time, and also had a great time at Kings Island. So here is some pics from it all.

This one turned out great but mabye not so well on here, it's a pic of a pic. (scanner down)

be12e00f.jpg

Some pictures from the ET

0edd9e95.jpg

:Note to theives: I'm always watching

a78db0c8.jpg

57e26edd.jpg

9d96304c.jpg

56768232.jpg

We also went and rode Scrambler, Viking Ship, and Monster before heading to Nick U.

d05ba39d.jpg

ec7127ee.jpg

5e627ea3.jpg

After a family ride on Scooby Doo we agreed to retreat, and threw some pennies in the fountains.

b87b13c6.jpg

68f767be.jpg

See my next post for the Air Show pics.

After the park we traveled to Dayton to avoid a longer drive in the morning, which worked out well. We got to the show a little late but in plenty of time to get a good spot. We purchased the family pack which was a great deal at 70.00 it came with admission 4 cans of Pepsi, 4 hot dogs, and a free program.

First up was the Wright B Flyer

daytontrip004.jpg

Next up was the group known as the Collaborators

daytontrip029.jpg

daytontrip035.jpg

Then some Apache flight time.

daytontrip051.jpg

Here is a B-25 demonstrating with the bomb doors open.

daytontrip058.jpg

Some F-16, and F-18 shots

daytontrip073.jpg

daytontrip128.jpg

daytontrip072.jpg

C-17 landing

daytontrip155.jpg

Streaks of black smoke from the GE engine of the F-104 Mig.

daytontrip087.jpg

F-22 Raptor which will also be the star for the Indianapolis Air Show this year.

daytontrip161.jpg

daytontrip208.jpg

daytontrip211.jpg

And a beutifull Heritage Flight a perfect show ender.

daytontrip235.jpg

Thanks everybody for the wonderful compliments, we really do have a great time wherever it is the four of us go. For instance instead of just vacationing on the beach in FL three years ago we took the plunge and tied the knot with a sunset wedding. "You only live life once" the old saying goes so never be affraid to have a good time.

26bb012c.jpg

Indyman....so are the Colts going to be any good this year???

I mean, I'm sure you would agree...only 1 Super Bowl during Manning's era would kind of make them the Atlanta Braves of the NFL!!

Best things I've seen all summer: Manning jersey at Europa Park, Reggie Wayne jersey in Paris, Manning jersey at Canada's Wonderland, Bob Sanders jersey at SFMM!!

Man I sure hope so, considering Manning has missed the first couple days of mini-camp. Nothing can be as dissapointing as the continuing upset of last years ND team though. That is who I'll be watching this year, that is if they manage to win more than one game this season. In all honesty Manning and company better feel the pressure to win with that new stadium. It cost me an extra penny on every dollar I drop around here. :)

What day did you go to the Air Show? Did you see the emergency (albeit safe) landing of the Northwest plane? Dayton's show, being long running, is pretty famous, being the "birthplace of aviation" - the Wright brothers' hometown. Probably because of so many people, they prohibit coolers/canopies, but that's my guess.

As a Cincinnati area resident, I admit that I'll say... GO COLTS!!! I'm going to Indy next month to tour the new Stadium, can't wait.