Nights of Fire...7-5

bingog34

Nights of Fire went on pretty much as scheduled. I had never been before, so this was my first time. Very happy it didn't get canceled, though I thought for sure it was. It really was looking bad out, but all it did was rain for about 30 minutes. Then they fired it up a little after 10. It was impressive, but I think a few things may not have been functioning properly due to the weather. Even still, the show was awesome! I'm looking forward to next years already, I'll be able to sit on my balcony and watch them biggrin.gif

- Todd

No, many things did not go off properly or at all in the show tonight.

One of the main things. They only shot the fireworks off in from behind The Racer. There were supposed to be fireworks from behind Tomb Raider as well, like last year. That didn't happen. Half the stuff on the tower wasn't going right. The only thing that seemed to be right was what came out of Coney Mall.

I know I promised in another thread pictures of this years fireworks, unfortunetly due to changing weather and constantly changing time of launches I was unable to get to my "perch" tonight. Then they were supposed to launch with it still raining and wasn't about to get the camera wet, plus with all the people everywhere and the unusually poor performance (poor as in what it was supposed to be) I didn't tempt it.

One of the main things. They only shot the fireworks off in from behind The Racer. There were supposed to be fireworks from behind Tomb Raider as well, like last year. That didn't happen.

There was never any plans to shoot fireworks off from back tehre this year, I would've seen them setting it up the past few days if they were going to.

I too live close enough to see the fireworks from my balcony, but nothing compares to being up close and feeling the sonic waves of the charges. Bingog I was doing the same, however I called customer service. I called around 9:30...at that time they said that they were going to try to shoot them off in 5 minutes to avoid the storm. At the same time the clouds were moving in with very active lightning giving me the idea that that would be impossible. Indeed, nothing happened from my vantage point. I called again around 10:30 thinking that the show had to have been canceled, but to my surprise they said that they were going to try to pull it off within 5 minute. Ended up watching half the show while driving to the park, dodging parked cars along the way...ending up stuck in the overflow parking area to watch the rest. Lol hopefully the next fourth will be better dry.gif

I too live close enough to see the fireworks from my balcony, but nothing compares to being up close and feeling the sonic waves of the charges. Bingog I was doing the same, however I called customer service. I called around 9:30...at that time they said that they were going to try to shoot them off in 5 minutes to avoid the storm. At the same time the clouds were moving in with very active lightning giving me the idea that that would be impossible. Indeed, nothing happened from my vantage point. I called again around 10:30 thinking that the show had to have been canceled, but to my surprise they said that they were going to try to pull it off within 5 minute. Ended up watching half the show while driving to the park, dodging parked cars along the way...ending up stuck in the overflow parking area to watch the rest. Lol hopefully the next fourth will be better dry.gif

Are you saying they did have the show and I left for no reason?

I thought the fireworks last nigth were still pretty good aside from teh mishaps! Theyw ere still awesome and BIG!! I loved them! The ligtening added to teh whole affect of the show! My friend is terrifed of ligtening so she was like "Oo that one is so pre---AHH!! Lightening!1" It was great. Then when the show was like postponed me and my friend danced in the puddles to The Cleveland Shuffle..so much fun! Then I did time steps in the puddles and sang "Singing in the Rain" and people were laffin'! 7-5 was fun aside from the rain! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

There was never any plans to shoot fireworks off from back tehre this year, I would've seen them setting it up the past few days if they were going to.

Well we, in food service, had been told we had to have certain things closed and people out. So my assumption was they were shooting from back there again. I guess I was wrong.

I went with a few of my friends to the fireworks at Dublin Coffman high school on the 4th, and it was about 5 minutes to launch, with a storm looming heavily, the temperature dropped like, 15 degrees, the wind was blowing fast, and the fireworks got cancelled. So then you have 5000 people from all over the city cramming out the two small entrances and running every which way. My two friends and I got seperated by the big group of people we were with, so we ended up walking half way across Dublin to go to the house they went to, and then we watched the Matrix, fed the dog popcorn, and relaxed. Then the rain started falling. Like basketballs. Going Mach 2. We got a ride cramped into a minivan to another house, where me and my three other friends were picked up, two of them dropped off, and I spent the night at my friends house.

The next morning, we got up, and it was still raining, so we just played the X-Box for a while. The weather cleared up so we went skiing, kneeboarding, and tubing. We had a pretty good time. Then, we went back to my "farm" and set off fireworks as it got dark. All of our mile-away neighbors were setting them off too, it was like my own personal Nights of Fire biggrin.gif However, lightning started going off.. the same thing happened as at Dublin Coffman stadium, so they went home (around 10:30) and then the monsoon hit.. the power went out 5 times that evening, all between 10:45 and 12:00. So that's how the weather was in Columbus, if anyone cares. Oh look, it's raining now!