Diamondback vs Intimidator 305

UCbengal985

Just about as many G's as Millennium Force, if you can handle that then I guess you would get tunnel vision. I don't get the color scheme though... if it is themed with dale earnhardt why wouldn't it be black and red? Yellow doesn't really seem to fit.

Just about as many G's as Millennium Force, if you can handle that then I guess you would get tunnel vision. I don't get the color scheme though... if it is themed with dale earnhardt why wouldn't it be black and red? Yellow doesn't really seem to fit.

They may have had to submit a color scheme to the builders before the licensing was finalized.

Maybe they weren't sure that they'd get it in time, but then when they did, just did the best that could.

Carowinds Intimidator looks about equal to DB. The track layout may be different, but it has many similar elements. The banked turn at the top of the second hill looks AWESOME. plus the half-spin from a right bank to a left bank just before the hammerhead looks fun. So this ride has some cool stuff that DB doesn't, but DB still has an extra helix plus a splash down and over-midway action. Intimidator looks slightly more fun to ride, but DB is definitely more fun to watch. So overall I'll assume they are about a tie.

I305 has a sweet first drop, but after that it seems kind of weak. It's really fast and the over banked turns look fun, but i think the ride loses a lot of thrill since most of the track is so close to ground level. Going that fast while low to the ground is thrilling in itself, but i think the ride would be more thrilling if it involved more height elements. For example: DB's hammerhead wouldn't be nearly as fun if it weren't tilted upward. IMO a coaster lacking inversions should have a lot of air time. For that reason I have to assume DB pummels i305. BUT who knows until you ride it.