Boomerang Bay Parking Lot Question

CedarPointer

When I drove in on Tuesday 8/2, I saw big signs for $20 preferred parking for Boomerang Bay. There were separate signs for preferred parking in the ride park, so it looks like you must choose your preference!

Sorta got me tweaked a bit that KI's new strategy to rake in the bucks is to shake down people for preferred services (OMG, see the other thread). The upside was that everyone seemed confused and there were many empty spots next to the cones on the free side.

Sorta got me tweaked a bit that KI's new strategy to rake in the bucks is to shake down people for preferred services (OMG, see the other thread). The upside was that everyone seemed confused and there were many empty spots next to the cones on the free side.

As CedarPointer said, this is nothing new. Preferred parking has been in the main lot for a number of years.

I approach this the same way I do the Fast Lane, if someone wants to pony up their own money to pay the extra $8 to park in the preferred lot, then it doesn't bother me one bit.

I approach this the same way I do the Fast Lane, if someone wants to pony up their own money to pay the extra $8 to park in the preferred lot, then it doesn't bother me one bit.

Preferred parking does not bother me one little bit either because no one is jumping ahead of me in line...they are waiting their turn just like me...they just happen to be purchasing a higher quality parking place. (Kind of like a nicer hotel room.)

Preferred parking does not bother me one little bit either because no one is jumping ahead of me in line...they are waiting their turn just like me...they just happen to be purchasing a higher quality parking place. (Kind of like a nicer hotel room.)

But wouldn't they be getting to the gate quicker than you, which would allow them to possibly get the last chair available in BB, and might also allow them to get into line before you for your favorite BB ride?

I've seen the asphalt in the preferred parking lot, it ain't in no better shape than the spaces everywhere else. ;)

Prefered parking = nickels for future coasters or brick pavers for rivertown. I'm good with that.

At 3:00PM today there were five cars in the Preferred Parking area. I'm an engineer, not a marketer but... cha-ching, that's at least $40 in KI's pockets that wouldn't have been there otherwise. smile.gif

And how much did they have to pay that Security person to sit there and watch that BB Preferred Parking area all day? With having a general idea of how much Security makes per hour, it was more than $40. ;)

But wouldn't they be getting to the gate quicker than you, which would allow them to possibly get the last chair available in BB, and might also allow them to get into line before you for your favorite BB ride?

I don't "do" Boomerang Bay...so no, beating me to my favorite BB ride is an absolute impossibility. ;)

I am wondering...have my posts become so interesting to you that you are now resorting to playing devil's advocate coming up with "flaws" in a system that neither I nor you actually believe exist?!! It truly does make my day knowing that I am at least keeping you entertained...I will try and keep up the quality posts that you expect! :P