Boo Blasters

emileeee

A couple things about the ride.

1. I've noticed that the cupboard (in the "kitchen" part) that leans out toward the riders eases itself now instead of quickly flying out and allowing the chains to clack against it. Ever since SDATHC it's been making that loud noise. Did they slow it down because it is unsafe or too startling?

2. I'm suggesting this to be imaginative. In no way do I expect the park to do anything like this. But what if they made BB less cheesy and more scary? Like, took out the cartoony ghosts and made some creepy characters. Got rid of the target shooting game and made it more just a creepy haunted house. Not a realistic suggestion, but the thought does cross my mind when I'm on the ride...

I like the talking skull ghost about 20 seconds or so into the ride. I never can hear what he's saying, though. They can use a lot more of this effect throughout, as LED technology gets more and more affordable, imho, to make the attraction 'cooler' (no pun inteneded; I'm aware of BBoBH's epic air conditioning feature).

1) I loved the cupboard. It never fails to make me jump a bit. It may have slowed down because of wear and tear on the hydraulic system?

2) Well, I don't think they'd do that. It's a family attraction, meant for everyone to ride. I know when I was little I was terrified of Phantom Theater. I got to the loading dock, started freaking out and had to leave! C'est la vie. But I could see maybe during Halloween they could do something like that! (even though it would never happen)...

I like the talking skull ghost about 20 seconds or so into the ride. I never can hear what he's saying, though. They can use a lot more of this effect throughout, as LED technology gets more and more affordable, imho, to make the attraction 'cooler' (no pun inteneded; I'm aware of BBoBH's epic air conditioning feature).

That skull ghost does look pretty awesome. I think it says something about not being able to trespass and survive. And as for the air conditioning, that is one of the main reasons I go to Boo Blasters, to cool off :rolleyes:

Did that skeleton in the kitchen/library thing always have a neon orange iPod?

I noticed that too. That made me laugh. Just because your dead doesnt man you have to be out of date!

I'm entertained by that skeleton, but it didn't always look like that. I'm fairly sure the iPod was added to essentially replace the motion that apparently stopped working at some point. Then again, the last time I rode Boo Blasters, someone in my car managed to hit that skeleton's target, and the head (very reluctantly) spun around 3/4ths of the rotation. I think the cord ended up wrapping around its neck... I wonder if they've got it set to change directions for each rotation, because it seems like they'd otherwise just disable the target, if possible.

Then again, the last time I rode Boo Blasters, someone in my car managed to hit that skeleton's target, and the head (very reluctantly) spun around 3/4ths of the rotation. I think the cord ended up wrapping around its neck...

Well, if he wasn't dead before, he is now.

• Like 2

Guest TombraiderTy

Is the rat new, and did that skeleton in the kitchen/library thing always have a neon orange iPod?

Nope, he used to be playing a game of chess.

• Like 2

I love that silly ride. I feel kind of foolish loping in there at my age, but I enjoy it.

I love haunted houses and fun houses, but BooBlasters is unique with it's goofiness. Maybe it would be great to have another dark attraction somewhere else in the park.

I'd love an old fashioned Bill Tracy styled walkthrough funhouse, but the first broken fingernail would pummel the park with lawsuits.

• Like 1

I vaguely remembered someone playing chess, and I remember now that it was he (or she) who used to play chess. Who knows why (s)he was changed?

Also-- Some things I feel need to be brought up:

• The tourist being chased by skeletons has been stationary as of late.
  • The swinging crates with the chain that bangs against it is slower.
  • The timing of Boocifer at the end is off.
  • When you hit the target that spins the clock face in I don't know what scene, it has a 2-second delay.
  • The fog curtain isn't working as usual.

Most everything else is running great!

I noticed last Saturday the old "Shaggy" guy being chased by the two skeletons, were in non-chase mode.

It was alsO that way on Tuesday.

I think the ride needs new coasters because I feel like the further away targets are impossible to hit.