Disney Underground

In my many years around parks, I have been very impressed watching both Pat Koch of Holiday World and several CEO's of Paramount Parks stop and pick up paper or quietly help a guest without a word as to who they were. I'd like to tell you similar stories about the former FUN Chairman and CEO...but I can't. I can tell you I've seen Matt Ouimet interact with guests...and I was very impressed. No trash nearby to pick up, though! :)

• Like 4

Even Kings Island, for ANY employee, urges to gesture with an open hand rather than pointing.

Anyone that has gone through Cedar Fair orientation will know this.

But Kings Island doesn't enforce it like Disney does.

Trust me

They do, however, capitalize Kings Island, which is a registered trademark of Cedar Fair Entertainment Company, Cedar Fair LP, or its affiliates.

• Like 6

Probably unknown to many guests there are underground tunnels spanning the property. They are actually at ground level, with the park built over them. It's on my bucket list to go inside them even though they're nothing fancy.

http://www.hiddenmickeys.org/wdw/magickingdom/Secrets/General/Underground.html

my brother was working on a degree for culinary down in Orlando, so during that time, he worked as a chef inside Cinderella's castle. He also got to see the tunnels and he said it's nothing cool but it's amazing how they do stuff like that.

Also here is some fun little facts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Og3ugAs64L4

• Like 4

Even Kings Island, for ANY employee, urges to gesture with an open hand rather than pointing.

Anyone that has gone through Cedar Fair orientation will know this.

But Kings Island doesn't enforce it like Disney does.

Trust me

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

We former Disney CMs surely remember that the 'Disney Way' of pointing requires the use of the fore and middle fingers. In some cultures, pointing with one finger is considered rude and offensive. If you want a MK tunnel tour, you can pay about $150 for one through Disney. Trust me when I say there's nothing worth seeing there that justifies the cost. Locker rooms, the cafeteria, the underground trash system, a costume staging area and the Ops center for the park.

• Like 4

I try not to have any regrets but I turned down the college Disney program to "intern" for a semester at WDW... Would have been an experience! Oh well life has turned out well though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's how my wife and I worked at Disney. One day we will do it again as well.

^sounds good, how do I apply? haha seriously though...working at Disney would be such a wonderful experience I think

It is. Pay may not be much but money doesn't buy happiness. Also you get discounts all over Orlando Just for being a cast member.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I'd love to work at Disney, even if just for for a little while. And even though my dream job is to design coasters, I would definitely let my career take me to Disney. We actually have a family friend who works for Disney. I'm not sure exactly what he does but I think part of his job involves being part of the planning/design for future attractions. Right now he's at Disney in Tokyo and he loves it. If anyone could be able to help me know ways to get into the industry it would be him. I would definitely be happy with a job like his.

• Like 1

Yeah 150 to see trash, people out of costumes or where they eat..

I want to go behind the scenes of like Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain, Mission Space (I wanna see how that centrifuge thing works haha), ect..

Not trash

Club 33 members often get these opportunities, but for us common folk, about the only way to see that kind of stuff is when/if Disney offers a tour for purchase.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...