Too Commercialized?

PKI Foodguy

• 3 weeks later...

Next year the billboards go in the woods along side The Beast track.

commercials make the world go around, P&G could buy the park and really commercialize it just go to a P&G dividend day, soap opera commercials pail to dividend day, not even in the park and there's 40 foot Downy bottle stuck in your face. PKI needs a HOOOOters.

In many ways, Kings Island (I outright refuse to call it 'Paramount's' or use the initials 'PKI') jumped the shark when Paramount bought it. The park seemed more magical, if you will, before it became a movie theme park. I never liked any of the rides Paramount set up, except for Flight of Fear. Son of Beast is good, but nowhere near the level of excellence of its "papa".

Paramount has failed, year after year, of using their flagship franchise, "Star Trek" as a theme for a ride. This would be a sure fire smash hit with the crowds. I don't know how they'd do it, maybe a mixture of a rollercoaster and a simulator, but I'd die to see it. Instead, they picked the lamest movies as themes for their rides: "Tomb Raider", "Face/Off", "Top Gun" (don't even try to defend that piece of crap), and "Days of Thunder".

I mainly stick to the old stuff. I'm a Kings Island geezer. user posted image

In many ways, Kings Island (I outright refuse to call it 'Paramount's' or use the initials 'PKI') jumped the shark when Paramount bought it. The park seemed more magical, if you will, before it became a movie theme park. I never liked any of the rides Paramount set up, except for Flight of Fear. Son of Beast is good, but nowhere near the level of excellence of its "papa".

Paramount has failed, year after year, of using their flagship franchise, "Star Trek" as a theme for a ride. This would be a sure fire smash hit with the crowds. I don't know how they'd do it, maybe a mixture of a rollercoaster and a simulator, but I'd die to see it. Instead, they picked the lamest movies as themes for their rides: "Tomb Raider", "Face/Off", "Top Gun" (don't even try to defend that piece of crap), and "Days of Thunder".

I mainly stick to the old stuff. I'm a Kings Island geezer. user posted image

hehehehe... Jumped the shark... haven't heard that terminology in a long time.

I don't know how much I agree with you, though. Although Paramount has made several screw ups, or decisions that we disagree with, they have put a fair amount of money into the park. I highly doubt that Linder would have been willing to put $25 million into the park. Heck, we may have gone a few years without an expansion. If I recall correctly, when Linder owned the park, they called the Festhaus an expansion... I mean, it's cool and all, but when has a non-ride ever really passed as an expansion to the GP?