New here- trip with twin 2 year olds

lawchick

Hi all, I'm new here, so forgive me if I repeat a previous thread. I looked around and didn't see on on this topic, so here goes.

This weekend I'm taking my twin two year olds to KI, along with DH and MIL. We're staying at the Hilton Garden Inn. The twinkies are big for their age (36 inches tall) and I've looked at the KI site and it appears they can ride a lot of stuff. But I still have a few questions, as I've never travelled there with kids, just on several pre-kid trips. So here are my questions:

1. what are the rental strollers like? We have a Graco double stroller but if the rentals are better we'll leave the double.

2. are there a lot of Nick rides that young toddlers will ride without being scared?

3. what are the don't miss attractions?

4. Do the characters walk around/do meet and greets? My kids might die if they get to meet Dora and Diego in person and maybe get a pic.

5. how strict is the "don't bring in outside food/drink?" I saw in an infant thread that they're more lenient with babies, but what about toddlers? I was thinking of bringing some frozen juice boxes and trying to sneak in some water.

6. Should we even consider Boomerang Bay or is it too big for two year olds?

7. Anything else I need to know??

Thanks in advance. We plan to show at park opening, play for about 3 hours, leave for nap time, then return probably about 3-4 and stay til their little legs give out. :)

Well, I have 2 younger kids, so I will make an attempt to help out.

1. I have never used the rentals. The double stroller we had was perfect for both kids as well as made for a great carrier for all the necessities with have two kids in the park. But the down side was fitting all out stuff in the SUV as well as the double stroller. There is a definite positive and negative to both sides.

2. Sure there are some great rides for the kids. My kids were not really scared of any ride. But I would definately not force them to ride anything, that could cause more harm than good in the long run.

3. I would not miss a thing! The parent swap program is there to be used. I usually bring Motorolas so my wife and I can communicate as to where I am at in the line, or as to things were going when she was feeding etc. When the kids start to get tired, then hit the big rides.

4. Characters are always roaming.

5. I have never been told to throw out any water bottles or snacks for the kids. But I also had the items stored in the stroller carrier.

6. I have not yet brought my kids to BB yet. I can do pretty much the same things at BB as I can at home. I want to do the stuff at KI that is unique. A waterpark to me is just another waterpark.

7. Lots & lots of sunscreen! Two or three times during the day. Also, if the kids are getting too restless, go back to the car, turn on the AC, and take a powernap (and a relaxing beer!). It has saved my day at the park numerous times without leaving the parking lot.

Hang out near the games. Many people will win stuffed prizes and turn around and give them to my kids. It helps the day go by easier! (ya, ok, it's cheap & cheesy, but it works! :P )

And have fun yourself. It is as much for you as it is for them.

^Parent Swap is a great program that most parks have nowadays.

One adult will wait in line for a ride while another adult will wait with the kids. The adult waiting in line will go on the ride, and when done give a ride op the parent swap ticket and meet up with the adult with the kids. That adult will then go up the exit ramp and get on the ride w/o waiting again. If there is another child or adult in the group that is tall enough to ride they can re-ride as well.

Some rides it is much easier than others to be on the exit ramp with a stroller. That is where the Motorolas come in handy.

The parent swap ticket can be obtained from guest services.

Don't forget that Meet the Nicktoons Live at 5 happens daily on the International Bandstand, located on International Street near the Eiffel Tower. That's a perfect opportunity to meet your favorite Nickelodeon characters.

Also, if they like Dora then they'll LOVE Dora's Sing-a-Long, which is located in the Nick Ameptheatre right in Nick Universe. I saw it on opening day and the kids could barely contain themselves. It's very interactive and a lot of fun for the little ones.