The Son of Beast Discussion Thread

BoddaH1994

If it doesn't re open, I assume it will be SBNO for agessss.

Wouldn't it cost a fortune to tear it down? Is the wood re-useable for ...heck, I don't know. Sell the wood in order to help tear it down?

Something that's always been on my mind.

Yep, SBNO would be the most likely option, my guess only though.

I hope it doesn't come to that.

I have just finished a 2 day trip, and I sure did miss riding it.

My hope is that it gets fixed. It would be a shame to have a ride that big, that holds all those records, and not be able to see it run.

Rain put a bit of damper on our trip, but I was more bummed about missing a ride on SoB even more.

At least I got to put a face to 2 names on here. I got to meet Avatar, and KiMan.

KiMan, You guys are AWESOME on that new coaster. The line moved steady, and I could tell you guys work really hard to keep it that way!

Avatar, I enjoyed our visit. It was great to meet someone on here face-to-face.

I'll stop hijacking the thread now, and get going on a trip report.

I just wanted to say that I really missed riding the biggest,baddest, woodie on the planet!!!

Shouldn't Kings Island update their website stating that Son of Beast is closed until further notice? Maybe I'm wrong here, but some communication from the park would be appreciated. If not to what's exactly going on, at least to the general public that the ride is still closed.

Or implode it. That would be a cool thing to watch. :)

sobtear.jpg

These are the kind of posts that get threads deleted. If you dislike SoB, great. If you don't, that's awesome. People don't have to keep saying it over and over and over and over and over!!!!!! STOP AND LETS HAVE A REAL CONVERSATION ABOUT A GREAT COASTER!!!!

My belief is that there is nothing wrong with the coaster - it's the people riding it. When it "broke" last time, that was different and it's too bad the loop had to be removed. I see Cedar Fair caught in the middle of a silly lawsuit that will be impossible for the landy & her attorney to prove - due to the length of time it took the lady to complain. My hope is that other "money seekers" and "ambulance chasing lawyers" don't try to pull this crap all the time or ALL amusement parks will be SBNO on a permanent basis!

These are the kind of posts that get threads deleted. If you dislike SoB, great. If you don't, that's awesome. People don't have to keep saying it over and over and over and over and over!!!!!! STOP AND LETS HAVE A REAL CONVERSATION ABOUT A GREAT COASTER!!!!

Um, no, threads are often deleted because of misleading information that could be damaging to the park's reputation.

Please people let's try to keep it mature. The exact same thing is happening here that's happening in the last 26 threads, 11 polls, and 5 "Where'd my thread go?" threads. Ryan has been nice enough to even let us talk about it in the first place, let's try to maintain a certain level of civility here? That means no more grabbing for attention with false claims about the ride, no more back and forth yelling at each other because one person said burn it (I'm neutral here. SoB Lovers: They have a right to voice their opinion. SoB Haters: Tone it down a bit, you don't need to say it every 10 minutes) and please no more of this "waiting for this thread to close" posts, in doing that you're in essence helping towards it's demise.

I would love to see some actual discussion about the ride and it's future, more facts and less yelling and outlandish claims here.

Shouldn't Kings Island update their website stating that Son of Beast is closed until further notice? Maybe I'm wrong here, but some communication from the park would be appreciated. If not to what's exactly going on, at least to the general public that the ride is still closed.

http://visitkingsisland.com/attractions/detail.cfm?ai_id=156

Thrill Rides

Son of Beast

PLEASE NOTE: THIS ATTRACTION IS TEMPORARILY CLOSED

From the article, besides Ohio clearing the ride this is the only other thing that sticks out.

Other attachments indicate that track repairs were made by Kings Island staff on the Son of Beast on three occasions between April 28 and May 17. On April 29 an “old shim” was replaced. Between May 5 and 7 the track was jacked up “as much as we could to get the flat spots out of it” and wedges were added. Then on May 17 park staff checked and tightened cables “in the Rosebowl.”

Sounds like pretty normal wooden coaster maientence to me, so I dont really see anything out of the oridinary. Anyone with a little more insight in to these repairs?

sobtear.jpg

Was a joke. "TAER IT DOWN" has been going on since before I discovered the KI forums back in 2004. I just thought it was too hilarious a photoshop to not do.

I used to love the ride, but in all seriousness it has become significantly more rough since they "fixed it". I rode it 2 or 3 days before the big ordeal back in 2006 or whenever it was when all those people got injured - and it was running fine. I haven't had a good ride on it since.

I'm sure they will get it back up and running though. The ODA isn't going to sign off on a ride and have it reopen the next day.