Boo Blasters Skeleton Scene...

CedarPointer

Too scary? It is really is quite scary... The screeching especially... I hope that's not the reason. I really, really hope not. But why would all of the lights and targets and props and sounds all happen to go out at once in that particular area? Hopefully it's something about trying to improve the scene and not just turning it off. I'll be very upset.

Too scary? It is really is quite scary... The screeching especially... I hope that's not the reason. I really, really hope not. But why would all of the lights and targets and props and sounds all happen to go out at once in that particular area? Hopefully it's something about trying to improve the scene and not just turning it off. I'll be very upset.

I bet you KD's wasn't turned off! B)

I should clarifiy, there is NO confirmation that the scene is being modified. Maybe a math/science day guest decided to modifiy it for themselves or something. We'll see tomorrow. Again, NO NO NO confirmation that ANYTHING in the scene is being modifed. (okay, now that I've covered my butt, discuss away)

I normally don't post if I don't have anything positive to say...

As a Dark Ride Enthusiast, this is deranging to hear.

If they're making changes to this scene based on overwhelming guest complaints, I'm ok with that.

If they're permanently turning the scene off due to overwhelming guest complaints, that sucks.

I was really creaped out at that part and I'm 17. Just think about all the little kids. So if this is a ride for little kids it should be turned off if guests complains but they should also change around the theming then.

I was really creaped out at that part and I'm 17. Just think about all the little kids.

Agreed, it was definately NOT family-friendly. I have no problem with it, except that the park advertised it as being family-friendly. I think we all know that it isn't.

Guest rcfreak339

That part made me want to poop my pants.'

In all seriousness I would be a little annoyed if they did...That part of the ride was really fun and if they removed them the ride would not be as great.

^^

I'm guessing you wouldn't like this, then.

The thing I love about the Dent Schoolhouse is that the entire 30 minute walk through is themed to a haunted school... the best lighting I've seen in my life, some of the best animatronics, and actors that really know what they're doing. (Not that Halloween Haunt screaming nonsense.) For those people that rode this in 2008, the 2009 season saw a lot of awesome changes... They moved the nurses' office to later in the haunt and made the (small) room a classroom. I counted over ten animatronics!

My friend's mom knows someone who works here, so there's a good chance I'll be getting this job next October. I am truly afraid of working there!

Edit- and for younger children, the dent story is staged/ not true wink.gif.

How that protaints to this topic I don't know but I'm fine with them now. Its just because Phantom Theater was really the first "haunted" thing I went on.

Edit: and as a little kid I think it was much scarier than what it would be now if I could still ride it.

Edit: I actually like getting scared now.

How that protaints to this topic I don't know but I'm fine with them now. Its just because Phantom Theater was really the first "haunted" thing I went on.

Edit: and as a little kid I think it was much scarier than what it would be now if I could still ride it.

The ^ mark was meant for the person above you. FYI wink.gif.

And I must agree with you there. Phantom Theater was my first Dark Ride, and still is my fourth favorite. (And I've been to Disney.)

See my dark ride count, here. (I will encourage everyone to share their's.)

Maybe bacuse it was a math and science day and they expected many kids to go through the park and ride the ride?

And I too used to have nightmares of Phantom theater, I rode it when I was really really little, and was scared to death.

The vast emptiness after the great special effect is very noticeable. Like something should be there and isn't. Maybe they are just doing that so its in line with the theming exhibited on the parks other themed rides.

But now you have my curiosity piqued, what was there that is so bad? I was thinking maybe the needed a totally dark zone for the benefit of the new great special effect.

as far as scaring little kids, I think 15-20 seconds of pitch black darkness is probably going to do it to them more than almost any scene.

SPOILERS

The scene, for those who don't know, is really quite simple - you pass through the great special effect everyone has been talking about, which is a fog screen projected with Boocifer's face. He says "So, you want to drive me from my home, Boo Blasters? Go ahead - TRY" and his eyes catch on fire. Your car passes right through the projection as he catches on fire - it's very cool.

Then, you enter a dark corridor filled on each side by skeletons that are posed to look like they're leaping towards the car - some move mildly back and forth. Strobe lights flash, only illuminating them every few seconds so it gives the illusion of movement. Yes, their eyes are glowing red, and they all have targets. Perhaps worse than the actual image of them is that they screech... Like, hardcore scream. No pre-recorded scary sound; they actually shriek at the top of their lungs and it's actually startling.

The best "fix" (if that is indeed what they're trying to do) is probably to turn down the volume of the screams and to turn off the strobe lights. In between strobe flashes, the skeletons are mildly illuminated by black light. It's just the illusion of their movement and the loud screaming that's scaring people, and I can see why - it is far more intense than anything I recall on Phantom Theater, and I would definitely cry afterwards if I were a kid.

You can get the basic idea of the scene by watching

of Ghost Blasters at Elitch Gardens, but ours is somewhat different.. It's at the 1:00 mark. I would be upset if they changed it, but I suppose if they're getting complaints, I'd understand. Again I must stress, just leaving that whole hallway pitch black does not count as changing it. Altering the lighting and audio is alright. Simply leaving it dark is not.

Yeah, I agree on lowering the volume of the screams; that sounds like that's what is causing kids to cry. 's too bad they don't allow cameras on the ride so I could get a rough look at what that particular scene is until I actually go up there (though given what's going on right now, the skeletons might be gone when I finally take a trip up to the park <_<).

EDIT: Nevermind, there's a video on YouTube from Channel 19 that shows a snippet of that scene from Boo Boo's Blasters.

I have to admit that when I took my nieces and nephew to the park today, they wanted to go to "Scooby Doo" and I explain that it had changed and they might not like it. They insisted on going, and they hated it. I know I am in the minority, but I liked Scooby better and I was glad the skeletons were off.