Italian Job and Tomb Raider

KIlover

-sighs- There are already threads on these.

They are both rides, and rides break. IJST is fine and TR:TR has a broken motherboard.

So they brought in a crane for a motherboard? Interesting.

With all due respect to KI Man, chalk up the broken motherboard theory to a dippin dots guy's opinion, its just a rumor hes heard circulating around through the employees, he works in games.

Tomb Raider had a bad board in the audio/show system earlier this summer which was why the show was not running for a while. The issue now is mechanical.

Everyone's an expert. :rolleyes:

I miss the days of riding in the delorean to skyline...

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's really funny is, the male friend that I took Saturday informed me of many things to come for KI. Before I post it, note that he has taken every rumor and regurgitated them. He said," The Vortex will not be in operation next year since it is sinking. He also said that The Vortex was still the old Bat, just with new trains. I kept my mouth shut and after we separated from them, I told my wife the truth about everything he said. I just think it's hilarious that the sinking rumor started at CP about Magnum XL200 and somehow this problem moved to another park and coaster. :lol:

He also said that The Vortex was still the old Bat, just with new trains.

HA HA HA! :lol:

I thought that The Vortex rumors were over, and we had moved on. Apperently some people can't let go. (Not you, KIBeast, your friend!) The Vortex isn't going anywhere! BIG surprise!

Actually they are taking The Vortex and shipping it over to this remote island in the middle of no where and seeing how many people will fly out just to ride it lol

That would be the day .. we took The Vortex out because it is offically sinking into the ground, where there have been no such problems with any other coaster like The Beast that have supports in that same kinda area lol lmao ;)

They are both rides, and rides break. IJST is fine and TR:TR has a broken motherboard.

With all due respect to KI Man, chalk up the broken motherboard theory to a dippin dots guy's opinion, its just a rumor hes heard circulating around through the employees, he works in games.

Tomb Raider had a bad board in the audio/show system earlier this summer which was why the show was not running for a while. The issue now is mechanical.

Let's play how many quotes we can build up!

On a side note, or just a note, take your pick:

The ride is sinking rumors have been going on longer than Magnum. I had heard that the lost river at Coney really took you under the Ohio river. One day it was closed and an employee was saying that there was a sink hole and the Ohio river was flooding the tunnel. And one more random topic. If we get a bunch of rides from GL, would that mean that we would have a lake in the middle of an island? Well just a thought, and keep building up the quote tree!!!!

Let's play how many quotes we can build up!

On a side note, or just a note, take your pick:

The ride is sinking rumors have been going on longer than Magnum. I had heard that the lost river at Coney really took you under the Ohio river. One day it was closed and an employee was saying that there was a sink hole and the Ohio river was flooding the tunnel. And one more random topic. If we get a bunch of rides from GL, would that mean that we would have a lake in the middle of an island? Well just a thought, and keep building up the quote tree!!!!

I counted 7. I make 8. I think every ride in the park will suffer from sinking syndrome eventualy (a.k.a. Magnum's Desiese). Vortex is first in line!

Well, it is pretty swampy out there. Maybe The Vortex is in a little peninsula (sp?) of swamp?

Actually its not 'swampy'. The 'lake' that was under Beast was artificial. Vortex sits on solid ground, so does Beast. Adam Klocke, a former park employee, has some excellent photos of the ride that he took with permission and can atest to the fact that the land Vortex sits on is pretty firm.

normal_100_9322.jpg

see the rest here.

Well, it is pretty swampy out there. Maybe The Vortex is in a little peninsula (sp?) of swamp?

Actually its not 'swampy'. The 'lake' that was under Beast was artificial. Vortex sits on solid ground, so does Beast. Adam Klocke, a former park employee, has some excellent photos of the ride that he took with permission and can atest to the fact that the land Vortex sits on is pretty firm.

normal_100_9322.jpg

see the rest here.

Yep it's manmade alright,much like lake charles(more like pond charles) was also man made at KD.

I know this is just a nother rumour and I don't claim to know anything offical but I rode the train today at KI and some people were on the train asking the attendant what was going on with TR and the attendant claim they were removing TR becuase its costing too much to run anymore.

^Sounds interesting. ;) I mean, the shopping cart thing.

A relatively more local coaster that gives the same sensation is Lost Coaster of Superstition Mountain aka LoCoSuMo at Indiana Beach. The warning sign, which is accurate, warns of a bone shaking experience. This is even more so should you choose to ride facing backwards. . .

http://www.rcdb.com/ig460.htm?picture=17

THAT ride, which is like the one at Rye Playland in New York, is an abomination. Anyone who thinks Son of Beast is less than comfortable would like THAT thing even more....

Imagine being thrown around inside the basket of a Kroger shopping cart, at high speeds.

Speaking from experience, you do not want to try it........the shopping cart thing that is.

I always wandered why I did not mind SOB.

Great Vortex pics, and looks like you got some awesome dispatch times, with a train going up the lift, at the same time the train going through the corkscrews, something the 2007 crew couldn't do what so ever. This was the year of stacked trains. The 2007 crew wins the award of the most stacked Vortex trains.

normal_100_9327.jpg

This is my favorite picture, lol.

2:30AM in the offseason:

"Come on Hank, this is the last one just take the bolts off"

-"I Cant, they're all stuck, do we have any antiseize?"

"No we dont, just pull harder, I want to get out of here and get paid for this job"

-"I'm telling you its stuck"

"AW @#$%! Just grab the darn cutting torch, I'm sure nobody will notice!"

-"If you say so"

Great Vortex pics, and looks like you got some awesome dispatch times, with a train going up the lift, at the same time the train going through the corkscrews, something the 2007 crew couldn't do what so ever. This was the year of stacked trains. The 2007 crew wins the award of the most stacked Vortex trains.

Well considering you didnt work with the 2007 crew and didnt work for the park in 2007 and may not be aware of any policy changes or operational changes that occured and just viewed them from the standpoint of a frequent guest, I don't think your in a good position to judge. Im not saying you're completely wrong, but you worked in a different time, and did not work with this crew, just viewed the work from a guest standpoint with the only knowledge being how you did the job in 2001. Seatbelts were added this year, policies might have changed with dispatching, and remember that the state of ohio requires parks to obey all manufacturer reccomendations, maybe S&S or whoever claims responsibility for Vortex decided to change something that the park had to follow that could be affecting dispatch.

Well considering you didnt work with the 2007 crew and didnt work for the park in 2007 and may not be aware of any policy changes or operational changes that occured and just viewed them from the standpoint of a frequent guest, I don't think your in a good position to judge. Im not saying you're completely wrong, but you worked in a different time, and did not work with this crew, just viewed the work from a guest standpoint with the only knowledge being how you did the job in 2001. Seatbelts were added this year, policies might have changed with dispatching, and remember that the state of ohio requires parks to obey all manufacturer reccomendations, maybe S&S or whoever claims responsibility for Vortex decided to change something that the park had to follow that could be affecting dispatch.

While you could be right, the added seat belts didn't have a serious effect on the Adventure Express crew this season. Also, Corkscrew at Cedar Point manages to run multiple trains MUCH more efficiently on a FAR shorter track than Vortex. Vortex crew was HANDS DOWN the WORSE crew in the Park. On a random note.....I find it funny that through most of the season they usually had TWO people checking restraints yet at Haunt tonight they had FOUR??? It's Kings Island.....no other explanation necessary :-)

- Todd

^Well, what can you do?

Getting Back on the origional topic:

I did notice that not only did IJST and TR:TR close, but TG closed at 6:00. Another Paramount ride... :huh:

I think that KI did a good job with IJST, it's a good family ride. It will be hard to retheme.

TR:TR is an awesome ride, but doomed to a life downtime. I think it has a future of a mystery mine theme, going with the old west theme of Rivertown.

If any of the rides, I would choose IJST to go, due to it's oddball location and amazing Paramount theme.

^ Ahh. Well, these are the rides I think will return under a new name next year:

Face/Off

Drop Zone

Top Gun

These rides will return with a new theme LATER than next year:

Congo Falls

Flight of Fear

Italian Job Stunt Track

Tomb Raider: The Ride

Fairly Odd Coaster

Little Bill's Giggle Coaster

Runaway Reptar

Plankton's Plunge

And Every other ride at Nickelodeon Universe!

That's my opinion. Feel free to critisize me!

I doubt seriously Cedar Fair rethemes anything in Nick Universe until its current license runs out, and then only if it is not renewed.

By the way, heard today that Charles Schulz remains among the top five deceased celebrity revenue producers (Elvis is number one). I don't know why people assume that using Snoopy would be less expensive than using Nick. Taint necessarily so.