Charlotte Observer CLAIMS Carowinds opens March 21

Seems to me, like whoever wrote that article just assumed that because that was the first date on their website that did not have an event on it, that meant that day was opening day. After all, it appears as if Carowinds, like Kings Island, has yet to release their 2008 operating calendar. Although, the reporter who wrote that article could very well know something we don`t.

Doesn`t Carowinds normally open the last weekend in March or the first weekend in April? I seem to recall that Carowinds has typically opened a weekend before Kings Dominion, and Kings Dominion has typically opened a weekend before Kings Island.

March 21st actually seems like a reasonable opening date in the area. Heck to the northwest of Carowinds would be Dollywood which opens to the general public on the 22nd. see http://dollywood.com/dates-hours/

I agree.

It's pretty warm in the area by the end of March and Spring is in full force.

With SFOgG opening the beginning on March.

So I bet our Top Gun will be known as Flight Deck as well. Pretty funny as most of us heard that name several month's ago.

So we now know more then likely that:

IJST: will be Backlot Stunt Coaster

TRTR: The Cave

Top Gun: Flight Deck.

I would be willing to guess that Face/Off will simply just be renamed Invertigo. As far as Days of Thunder it could easiy just be changed back to XS Raceway. It also seems to look that Drop Zone may keep it's name.

One interesting this with their calendar. They appear to have a Bare Bones night on Thursday, October 30th and Friday October 31st for Scarowinds. However, they are NOT open Saturday November 1st and Sunday November 2nd. While Cedar Point will be open noon to midnight on November 1st and 11am to 7 pm on Sunday, November 2nd. But of course, the operating calendar is always subject to change.