Red Racer's New Logo

BoddaH1994

However, Boddah, there are some of us who don't blindly support everything the park does.

How are you coming up with "blind support"?

Not disagreeing with everything that the park does should in no way be considered anytype of "blind support". That is treading real close to the "fanboy" mentality.

We have only seen what the logo looks like through a picture. But those who don't disagree with everything the park does is being put into a "blind support" catagory?

Let's see the logo in person before we really judge how it is.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

However, Boddah, there are some of us who don't blindly support everything the park does.

How are you coming up with "blind support"?

Not disagreeing with everything that the park does should in no way be considered anytype of "blind support". That is treading real close to the "fanboy" mentality.

No, that is called a generalization, I did not once say that everyone who "does not disagree with everything that the park does" should be considered offering "blind support." I was referring to Boddah, the person whom I had addressed in my post, as he is consistently never offering any form of criticism and likes to post replies counteracting others criticism. He clarified that he has a responsibility to those who support this site as to why he does that and I respect him for it. I was referring to him, not anyone else on this thread as offering "Blind Support."

We have only seen what the logo looks like through a picture. But those who don't disagree with everything the park does is being put into a "blind support" catagory?

No, I was referring to Boddah, the person whom I addressed, not "everyone."

Oh, I see.

You were referring only to one person, yet used "some of us who don't blindly support everything the park does."

So those who don't agree with you, and agree with Bodda, are not in the "blindly support" catagory that is only for him?

Yeah, that is clear as mud.

Baby, do you understand me now

Sometimes I feel a little mad

But don't you know that no one alive

Can always be an angel

When things go wrong I seem to be bad

But I'm just a soul whose intentions are good

Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood

Baby, sometimes I'm so carefree

With a joy that's hard to hide

And sometimes it seems that all I have do is worry

Then you're bound to see my other side

If I seem edgy I want you to know

That I never mean to take it out on you

Life has it's problems and I get my share

And that's one thing I never meant to do

Because I love you

Oh, Oh baby don't you know I'm human

Have thoughts like any other one

Sometimes I find myself long regretting

Some foolish thing some little simple thing I've done

Yes, I'm just a soul whose intentions are good

Yes, I'm just a soul whose intentions are good

The Animals

Sure Brown, if you want to make it out to be that way. Some of us don't support every change the park does, some do, nowhere does that say EVERYONE. However, if you wanna play it up to be that way, by all means go ahead.

I understood what ya were saying.

I think that Browntggrr is just having a grouchy day.

Perhaps I am having a grouchy day... :angry:

But I am irritated over the constant negative hype that has been here lately, and the park is not even open yet.

How can anyone really form a valid opinion, but has not seen it in person? And this is not just about The Racer logo.

For a long time, many of us complained about what Paramount was doing, or not doing. Now when CF comes in, and they are changing things the complaints increase? It is just mind boggling to think that changes won't be made with a new owner.

Perhaps I am having a grouchy day... :angry:

But I am irritated over the constant negative hype that has been here lately, and the park is not even open yet.

How can anyone really form a valid opinion, but has not seen it in person? And this is not just about The Racer logo.

For a long time, many of us complained about what Paramount was doing, or not doing. Now when CF comes in, and they are changing things the complaints increase? It is just mind boggling to think that changes won't be made with a new owner.

Because everyone has a decade that represents to them what THEIR Kings Island is. I was mortified when Smurfs took over Hanna Barbara Land. Any deviation from what certain people grew up with will draw critisism. I for one would love to see a return to some of the old charm of the 70's park. Where's Fred & Barney..and Captain Caaaaaaveman!

Or..maybe we as a society are over indulged and a bunch of whiners!

^No it wont, the backwards side is gone. :P

That's the catch 22... you just won't win. They had the metallic lettering in the 70s and had nothing recently, now they have this new logo. Had they done the "nostalgic" thing and added the old lettering, people would have said it was boring, and they added the logo and you guys haven't even seen it in person and we're getting complaints that it "doesn't complement the train". I mean really... It's not like it's a purse that doesn't match the shoes... it's a freaking logo on a train. On top of that, in recent years there was NOTHING there. Love or hate the logo, having something there now is better than nothing. Why don't you see the logo for yourself before you decide whether or not it "complements the train"?

Actually Boddah, regardless of whether its a logo or not we are entitled to have an opinion on it, no matter how minor of a subject it may be. Back in the day, Kings Island was all about quality and the details in things, those times went and now the park has a new marketing front about bringing back "nostalgia." and frankly no one seems to be buying it. The logo is a perfect example. No, I have not seen it in person and admitted that, however like I said, judging from the picture it looks awkward and weird on the front of the train. In recent years there was nothing there? Actually, last season was the only time nothing was there, every year leading up to that there had been the decals on the front of the trains that said "Paramount." If the park was really concerned with nostalgia, then why is The Racer the only thing getting some of that "nostalgia?" Why not paint the ride? It hasn't received a fresh coat of paint since 1998. I'm sorry, but I'm just not buying the spin on this one.

Maple,

Just because it wasn't painted this year doesn't mean it'll never be painted.

• 2 weeks later...