A crowded Park on 5/10/08

kiruler102

I am going to make this short and simple, hopefully.

Entered park at 10:30

Invertigo- 45 min wait

The Racer 15 min wait

Firehawk 2 hr wait, didnt ride

Flight of Fear, 1 hr wait, didnt ride

Vortex,25 min wait did ride

Backlot Stunt Coaster= mom in wheelchair= walk on

beast, TOO LONG

the crypt, waited 15 min, then broke down then i lefted

scooby doo haunted castle, mom in wheelchair= walk on

Wings diner buffet, GROSS NEVER AGAIN

the crypt,1 hr, never again, its horrible, there is no sound on the ride just the sound of wind blowing, its not pitch black, too short, but i like the repeatingly flips right after another.

Adventure Express, 5 min wait

flight deck 30 MINUTE WAIT!!!!!!!!!! WOW but i did ride it

we headed out at 6 and grabbed me about 5 :) full throttles on the way out LOL Becasue they were free

Indeed the park was crowded. My son and I boarded SDATHC at 10 a.m. and there was no one ahead of us. Right after we finished, the line was out the door of the castle!

It was a packed day. Sorry that you didn't get too many rides in.

Best regards,

Italian Chef

I am going to make this short and simple, hopefully.

Entered park at 10:30

Invertigo- 45 min wait

The Racer 15 min wait

Firehawk 2 hr wait, didnt ride

Flight of Fear, 1 hr wait, didnt ride

Vortex,25 min wait did ride

Backlot Stunt Coaster= mom in wheelchair= walk on

beast, TOO LONG

the crypt, waited 15 min, then broke down then i lefted

scooby doo haunted castle, mom in wheelchair= walk on

Wings diner buffet, GROSS NEVER AGAIN

the crypt,1 hr, never again, its horrible, there is no sound on the ride just the sound of wind blowing, its not pitch black, too short, but i like the repeatingly flips right after another.

Adventure Express, 5 min wait

flight deck 30 MINUTE WAIT!!!!!!!!!! WOW but i did ride it

we headed out at 6 and grabbed me about 5 :) full throttles on the way out LOL

That does not sound too busy for a Saturday?

I can say that while Kings Island may have been crowded today, Coney Island was not! Today was the first day the rides operated for the year. I spent all eight hours working at the Ferris Wheel, and the most full we ever loaded the ride was 8/12 cars! It was a beautiful day today. Unfortunately, tomorrow isn`t going to be so nice.

well here was how my first trip to Kings Island was(today)

got to the park at 1:00

got in the park at 1:30 (got my season pass processed)

got in line for the crypt as soon as i got there and waited maybe around half an hour( better if it had theming in ride)

then we walked past swan lake to see the construction

got in line for the red racer waited around 10 mins.

then while my mom and dad got food at outer hanks i rode ae and waited 5 mins.

then got in line for Son of Beast and waited at least 2 1/2 hours.

then walked around in the gift shops to get my dog a stuffed animal

then we left around 5:00

and i was just wondering, are they still calling the crypt a giant top spin? or is it now just a top spin? :unsure:

the reason wings diner buffet was bad, was the fried chicken was overcooked, the pasta was cold, corn was old, and nothing just simply tasted good. oh and they need more older people i only saw one over 30 guy there. GROSS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

got in line for the crypt as soon as i got there and waited maybe around half an hour( better if it had theming in ride)

and i was just wondering, are they still calling the crypt a giant top spin? or is it now just a top spin? :unsure:

Was Son of Beast really 2 1/2 hours long? If so all of the ques must have been open, and the line still going back to the entrance.

this is what your trip reports look like when you're 34.

arrived at park at 6pm:

Back Yardigans swings, 5 minute wait

Blue's Skadoo, 5 minute wait

Nick O-round, 5 minute wait

Swiper's Sweep, 10 minute wait

drink break.... credit card processor broke- FREE DRINKS!!!!!!!!!

Racer (to let wife ride)- 10 minute wait

Vortex (so i can ride)- 20 minute wait. witnessed a park patron giving a secutiy guard grief..... she should have been tossed on the spot.

Swiper's Sweep, walk on

Swiper's Sweep, stayed on

Swiper's Sweep, stayed on (slipped over to ride Avatar, walk on)

Adventura de azul, walk on

Go Diego Go, walk on

Blue's Skadoo (walk on)

swirl ice cream cone ($4.30...... rip off)

Fireworks.

home (and one seriously tired daughter)

It was a good day. park looked good.

whatever is replacing "nostalgic" Swan Lake is going to be BIG.... can't wait for that announcement.... CF has a penchant for LARGE coasters.

Have been REAL impressed with the staff so far this year.

this is what your trip reports look like when you're 34.

arrived at park at 6pm:

Back Yardigans swings, 5 minute wait

Blue's Skadoo, 5 minute wait

Nick O-round, 5 minute wait

Swiper's Sweep, 10 minute wait

drink break.... credit card processor broke- FREE DRINKS!!!!!!!!!

Racer (to let wife ride)- 10 minute wait

Vortex (so i can ride)- 20 minute wait. witnessed a park patron giving a secutiy guard grief..... she should have been tossed on the spot.

Swiper's Sweep, walk on

Swiper's Sweep, stayed on

Swiper's Sweep, stayed on (slipped over to ride Avatar, walk on)

Adventura de azul, walk on

Go Diego Go, walk on

Blue's Skadoo (walk on)

swirl ice cream cone ($4.30...... rip off)

Fireworks.

home (and one seriously tired daughter)

It was a good day. park looked good.

whatever is replacing "nostalgic" Swan Lake is going to be BIG.... can't wait for that announcement.... CF has a penchant for LARGE coasters.

Have been REAL impressed with the staff so far this year.

Too funny. That's what happens when the kiddies enter the picture, eh?

EDIT*** I'm so glad I went last Saturday, the 3rd. I crushed rides, 24 in all. The rain definitely helped.

Even though the park was crowded yesterday there were open spots in the gold lot all day. Which dosent explain the reason I had an obsene note on my winshield that night. The note read NICE PARKING DUMB F*** NEXT TIME I WILL KEY YOUR CAR. This was such an unproper thing to do. My car is a beutiful 3000 GT ,"you guys could understand I was at the very back of the lot. Mabye they could of asked the security gaurds who I asked if I could park there. Their response was this is private property and you can park anyway you want, Even asked a mason county sherif who said I had nothing to worry about.

Now whomever wrote the note grow up. It was crowded yeah but the gold pass lot had open spots all day long, use your eyes

Next to the white bars and in between a yellow line but that's not the point " Dumb F*** KEY MY CAR" if it was that big of a problem couldnt they find a security gaurd like I did before I parked there. Last time I went someone hit my wifes Honda and didnt even think to leave a note. Don't worry though next time I will just park in the overflow lot alone. :wacko:

So the question is? Were you improperly parked?

Not saying the note was the correct way to handle things, but me thinks that there was an issue with your parking to prompt such a note. Most people would not go to the effort to write a note unless there were an issue.

Just saying I always double park were ever I drive this car. Mabye this is considered inconsiderate but so is the 12 door dings ive fixed with no consideration to leave a note. See my point? I'm not a rich man just have a nice car. I had the farthest spot from the entrence as possible w/ the bike patrols permission. no need to have a heart attack. If it was considered inopropriate I wouldnt't have done it. But since I asked I do find it to be ok.

Was Son of Beast really 2 1/2 hours long? If so all of the ques must have been open, and the line still going back to the entrance.

no all of them were not open but six were, but what really made the line move so slow was the fact that the trains take so long to get around the track now.

Why would The Crypt no longer be called a Giant Top Spin? True, it doesn`t have as many seats as it once did. But it is still larger (in terms of height that the gondola actually spins through, then standard HUSS Top Spins.

i just wasn't sure because even though it is taller than a top spin i thought what made it a giant top spin was it having such a greater amount of seats(the three rows and the longer rows)

yes, our trips have seriously evolved in recent years to in many instances NEVER LEAVE Nick Universe. Its a small sacrifice, as I love the enjoyment my daughter gets. we may not like everything the Kinzel and company make... but our daughter doesn't care, she just loves the rides- and we get a ton of enjoyment watching her enjoy.

like many people I get tired of getting kicked in the teeth with the price of everything so you can imagine how overcome I became when i found out my $2.12 souvenir cup refill was going to be free.... heck, I felt like I had just won the lottery or got a chance to screw big business.... "YEA, take that Cedar Fair!"

I too went to KI as a special 30th bday present from my wife. We stayed at the park for about 5 hours and were able to ride 6 rides. FOF, The Beast, Vortex, AE, Flight Deck, and Stunt Coaster. Unfortunately we were on 2 rides that broke down while we were on them (AE and Stunt Coaster). Overall we had a great day, however, the lines were extremely long in the mid afternoon. (2 Hrs SOB and 45 mins for Flight Deck). We chose flight deck as our final coaster. We will be coming back later in the summer, but hopefully on a weekday. The park is in much better shape then it was last year when I went.

Just saying I always double park were ever I drive this car. Mabye this is considered inconsiderate but so is the 12 door dings ive fixed with no consideration to leave a note. See my point? I'm not a rich man just have a nice car. I had the farthest spot from the entrence as possible w/ the bike patrols permission. no need to have a heart attack. If it was considered inopropriate I wouldnt't have done it. But since I asked I do find it to be ok.

Well I don't think I'd have an issue with it if you paid for both of the spots. If you didn't, then you're only entitled to one parking spot.

No one wants to have their vehicles damaged, but can you imagine if each of us decided to take two parking spots?

I figured there was more to the story.

I too went to KI as a special 30th bday present from my wife. We stayed at the park for about 5 hours and were able to ride 6 rides. FOF, The Beast, Vortex, AE, Flight Deck, and Stunt Coaster. Unfortunately we were on 2 rides that broke down while we were on them (AE and Stunt Coaster). Overall we had a great day, however, the lines were extremely long in the mid afternoon. (2 Hrs SOB and 45 mins for Flight Deck). We chose flight deck as our final coaster. We will be coming back later in the summer, but hopefully on a weekday. The park is in much better shape then it was last year when I went.

Happy Belated!

Guest kwindshawne

Let me give you some advice. If you are worried about your car getting banged up, dont drive it to KI or any place where there are lots of people. I park in the employee lot, and saturday I earned two new dings on my passenger side door, plus last year someone puked all over the driver side. Now I could be an a$$ and take two spots, but its not worth being that inconsiderate. I dont drive a new car for this reason-maybe you should get a clunker like I have to drive there.

Just a thought. Anytime you drive in public and park in public, you take this chance.

Well I don't think I'd have an issue with it if you paid for both of the spots. If you didn't, then you're only entitled to one parking spot.

No one wants to have their vehicles damaged, but can you imagine if each of us decided to take two parking spots?

I figured there was more to the story.

Happy Belated!

Point well taken. This car is so wide it almost sits on both yellow lines. Like I said before next time I will be the only car in the overflow lot which sucks because I bought 4 platinum passes this year so it pretty much entites me to 4 parking addmissions. I guess mabye I could have my wife drives her honda too and park next to my car so I'm sure no one dings or scrapes it.

Point well taken. This car is so wide it almost sits on both yellow lines. Like I said before next time I will be the only car in the overflow lot which sucks because I bought 4 platinum passes this year so it pretty much entites me to 4 parking addmissions. I guess mabye I could have my wife drives her honda too and park next to my car so I'm sure no one dings or scrapes it.

Just something we all have to deal with.

Parking spots are small. When I know that it's a tight squeeze; I often park as far out as I can.