Nature Trail

deerhunter

How odd....my parents said the exact same thing about kids in what was then nowadays back in the 1950's. It has been ever thus. Every generation thinks it is far more mature than the one coming up next...and that the world is going to hades in a handbasket. It wasn't then, and it most likely isn't now, either...

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, I think my generation is the least mature thus far. I can't stand most of the people in my age group.

Well, at the present time, the numbers game makes your generation the least mature. I felt the same way when I was young about mine. But, at the risk of sounding cold, prison and death have a way of weeding the scumbags out of every generation and making it more "mature" as time goes on.......... And there are many people who simply "grow up" and "get it" later in life than you have. Be patient, my friend..... They will catch up ........

Actually, I think my generation is the least mature thus far. I can't stand most of the people in my age group.

Well, at the present time, the numbers game makes your generation the least mature. I felt the same way when I was young about mine. But, at the risk of sounding cold, prison and death have a way of weeding the scumbags out of every generation and making it more "mature" as time goes on.......... And there are many people who simply "grow up" and "get it" later in life than you have. Be patient, my friend..... They will catch up ........

Truer words have never been spoken.

Just as Woofer said, truer words have never been spoken.

I'm seeing this as being truer every day. It takes some pretty large events to weed out the idiots. I see it happening, slowly but surely. Looks like I just have to sit here and play the waiting game...and make a bag of popcorn.

We could start a thread about the places everyone has fooled around.

Phantom Theater was the place for me... ha ha!

Which, along with the activities of many, many others each day (sigh), is one of the primary reasons Phantom Theater is no more. And that the new ride has things to keep peoples' hands and eyes busy doing things....shooting guns...

Which, along with the activities of many, many others each day (sigh), is one of the primary reasons Phantom Theater is no more. And that the new ride has things to keep peoples' hands and eyes busy doing things....shooting guns...

Oh, there's never been a problem keeping hands and eyes busy.

I was on it the other day with my son, and my gun didn't even work! Maybe I'll ride it again with my husband for some real entertainment! BA-HA!

Not to mention the then legal drinking age was 18, no?

The drinking age was 18 for 3.2% beer. That was half the alcohol content

of an ordinary beer. Some states still sell it. You would have to consume

twice as much for the same effect.

Also, I remember a little "Smoking in the Boys Room" for my grad night.

We did find out the next day someone fell and landed on the Eiffel Towers elevator.

pilotank

Partying..especially smoking marijuana has become such a dirty thing in the minds of society

Wow, I can't believe we kind of agree on something Deerhunter.

I sometimes wonder why everyone has to be so harsh on drugs like marijuana, alcohol is much worse anyway. Ofcourse, those that use recreational drugs are a lot differentnow than they used to be. WHile the sterotypical marijuana user back in the late 60s/early 70s was probably a hippie, pretty innocent and happy and all, it is now frat boys (usually a pretty dumb crowd) and gang members (i don't think I have to say anything).

Is this thread about the Nature Trail, or about all the bad things people have done at the park?

Most of the nature trail is actually still there. Several bridges in complete disrepair, aswell as the chain and post fence that lined the walkway.

EDIT: on second thought, this was as of the end of the 2006 season and beginning of the 2007 season, with the new construction this may no longer be true.

I was on it the other day with my son, and my gun didn't even work! Maybe I'll ride it again with my husband for some real entertainment! BA-HA!

A round trip on The Sky Ride wasn't bad at night.

Not quite "The Mile High Club"

pilotank

Partying..especially smoking marijuana has become such a dirty thing in the minds of society

I sometimes wonder why everyone has to be so harsh on drugs like marijuana, alcohol is much worse anyway. Ofcourse, those that use recreational drugs are a lot differentnow than they used to be. WHile the sterotypical marijuana user back in the late 60s/early 70s was probably a hippie, pretty innocent and happy and all, it is now frat boys (usually a pretty dumb crowd) and gang members (i don't think I have to say anything).

People that use recreational drugs hit every age group and every demographic.

There are controlled substances that are more prevalent in different communities, but there are substances in most every group.

I believe it would be far more useful if controlled substances of any type should be legalized and taxed. The money from the taxes could be funelled towards treatment.

I sometimes wonder why everyone has to be so harsh on drugs like marijuana, alcohol is much worse anyway.

How so? Some people, not all, can enjoy alcohol in moderation and still function. This is not the case with marijuana, which immediately impairs your senses and can cause you to become a hazard on the road.

I sometimes wonder why everyone has to be so harsh on drugs like marijuana, alcohol is much worse anyway.

How so? Some people, not all, can enjoy alcohol in moderation and still function. This is not the case with marijuana, which immediately impairs your senses and can cause you to become a hazard on the road.

Actually, I rarely handle claims in which drugs are a factor. I often handle claims in which alcohol is a factor.

Use of controlled and illegal substances is so far reaching that there is simply no way that it will be illiminated.

I once got a "Monica" during a Richard Marx show at Timberwolf...but Bill Clinton said thats not really sex...so it might not count.

This is a family-friendly forum. Your comments have nothing to do with the serious topic being discussed at hand. Please review the Terms of Service that you agreed to upon registering for these forums before posting again. This is your one and only warning.

Aside from driving, which we can all agree you shouldn't do whether you are drunk, high, or anything else, marijuana is not a contributing factor to domestic abuse, depression, or addiction the way alcohol is. There are many people that drink alcohol in a responsible manner which hurts no one around them, but the same goes for marijuana. Not all recreational drug users are irresposible half-wits. It could also be argued that marijuana and other recreational drugs can work productively unlike alcohol, just look at Pink Floyd, The Beatles, Bob Dylan, Janis Joplin, The Zombies, Jefferson Airplane, The Grateful Dead, etc.

Aside from driving, which we can all agree you shouldn't do whether you are drunk, high, or anything else, marijuana is not a contributing factor to domestic abuse, depression, or addiction the way alcohol is. There are many people that drink alcohol in a responsible manner which hurts no one around them, but the same goes for marijuana. Not all recreational drug users are irresposible half-wits. It could also be argued that marijuana and other recreational drugs can work productively unlike alcohol, just look at Pink Floyd, The Beatles, Bob Dylan, Janis Joplin, The Zombies, Jefferson Airplane, The Grateful Dead, etc.

Many of the people or bands you have mentioned have died young as a result of alcohol and drugs.

^Exactly, I was going to say, what exactly is your point? If you can enjoy something in moderation it is fine, but even Marijuana, like alcohol, can have seriously damaging mental and health effects if used too often. Also, where can I find some statistics that show:

marijuana is not a contributing factor to domestic abuse, depression, or addiction the way alcohol is.

http://norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=7305

interesting facts about marijuana.

and actually Janis Joplin is the only one on the list to die of a drug overdoes (not marijuana, it is impossible to OD on marijuana).

Bob Dylan - still alive

Pink Floyd - all alive but Syd Baret (died of pancreatic cancer from diabetes)

The Beatles - John dead (shot) and George dead (lung cancer from cigarette smoking)

Paul Atkinson of the Zomibes died of liver and kidney disease, all other Zombies are alive.

Spenser Drydon of Jefferson Airplane died of colon cancer, pap John Creach of pnemonea at 76, all other member alive.

One drug related death.

http://norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=7305

interesting facts about marijuana.

and actually Janis Joplin is the only one on the list to die of a drug overdoes (not marijuana, it is impossible to OD on marijuana).

Bob Dylan - still alive

Pink Floyd - all alive but Syd Baret (died of pancreatic cancer from diabetes)

The Beatles - John dead (shot) and George dead (lung cancer from cigarette smoking)

Paul Atkinson of the Zomibes died of liver and kidney disease, all other Zombies are alive.

Spenser Drydon of Jefferson Airplane died of colon cancer, pap John Creach of pnemonea at 76, all other member alive.

One drug related death.

Liver disease is caused by alcohol. If you read my original post:

Many of the people or bands you have mentioned have died young as a result of alcohol and drugs.

Additionally, there are countless performers who have died or seriously risked their careers as a result of drug and alcohol use:

Jim Morrison - Heart attack after a decade of constant drug and alcohol use.

Kurt Cobain - Suicide stemming from a heroin addiction.

Marilyn Monroe - Suicide/Drug overdose

Steve Clark (Def Lepard) - Alcohol related death.

Shannon Hoon (Blind Melon) - Drug Overdose

Keith Moon - Drug OD

Bradley Nowell (Sublime) - Drug OD

John Panozzo (Styx) - Alcohol.

Gram Parsons (The Byrds) - Drug OD

Robert Pilatus (Milli Vanilli) - Suicide after a decade of drug related issues.

Bon Scott (AC/DC) - Alcohol

Hillel Slovak (Red Hot Chili Peppers) - Drugs

...and the list goes on.

yes, but I was talking about recreational drugs, more specifically marijuana.

I also said that alcohol is worse than marijuana, which is shown in your list above.

You also said MANY of the people i mentioned died from drug abuse or alcohol, but that was only 2 out of about 20 people.

Guest kwindshawne

In the cases of Steve Clark and Robert Pilatus both also battled depression, which mixed with alcohol is a lethal combination eventually. And some drink because of the depression-its a vicious circle. The only danger I have been able to find from weed is the possibility of lung cancer from holding the smoke in since it is stronger than tobacco, however if someone has cancer I am all for them using it to enable them to eat or numb the pain.