At least it's not $4 a gallon ... yet :)

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kwindshawne
$48 is nothing! I`ve spent upwards of $75 to fill up my tank all the way a few times in the last month.

What do you drive? I had an extended cab silverado that cost me 250 month when gas was 2 bucks gal. Glad I sold it when I did. I drive double now from what I did then.

Guest kwindshawne
My parents gave me their old 1996 Dodge Caravan when they bought a new car. It averages around 20 miles per galloon, but with a tank that can hold nearly 17 galloons, it can be very pricey when I fill it up!

I can see that. Might think about something smaller-I loved my truck-if things weren't as they are now, I'd still be driving it. But I am realistic. Housing and medical were more important, so here we are. There are some hybrid ford explorers out there that get about 30, but they are pricey. I'd like a bigger car, but this will do. civic does well too-especially manual tranny-the pink one in my profile is capable of 40mpg and its an '89.

I tried to buy it off my dad-no go.

Well, I would consider buying a car that gets better mpg. But, I have three more quarters of college tuition (grad school which is more expensive then undergrad) to pay off before I can think about getting a new car. I just hope that the van lasts until I graduate next June and get a full time job at an architectural firm.

Guest kwindshawne

I am downsizing everything-apt, furniture "things" you name it. I will run the car until it falls apart on the road. But next time, gonna maximize and either get a hybrid or a motorcycle. It's all good.

Did you ever think you would use the phrase as "low as $3.90" with a gallon of gasoline?

:lol:

I was watching some video from 2005, and people were complaining of high gas prices, and it was about $1.50 a gallon! Maybe some day, well look back at this and wish gas was as low as it is now?

This is the same guy who thinks we can replace oil with wind...from North Dakota alone. I think he may have joined Mr. Spiegel in the perhaps tetched department.

Actually his plan seems to be pretty well thought out.

It's not just North Dakota that he's speaking of. It's the entire wind corridor from N. Dakota to Texas. It's also involving many other pieces. This is going to be someone that Obama and McCain are going to want to consult with.