Stricker's Grove

Stricker's isn't really that busy for the most part on the 4th. It's worth going once or twice, but they don't have much to offer. KI has way too much going on to make it to Stricker's this Friday (I usually split the day on the 4th). If you do go to Stricker's make sure you try the corn on the cob. It's excellent.

/\ And the cheeseburgers! But I am with Ryan this time around. We usually split the day and do strickers the first half and Kings Island the second, but the Island has alot more to offer this time around.

I will make the Family Day in August for my 2nd Strickers Grove visit of the summer.

Stricker's Grove is located in Ross, Ohio.

Here's their website:

http://home.fuse.net/strickersgrove/

It is a private, picnic park is only open to the public on very limited occasions, including the 4th of July and the second Sunday in August. Usually, there is also an appreciation day later in the season.

See also:

http://www.rcdb.com/pd84.htm

Hope that helps!

Note, however, that the Stricker`s Grove website is slightly outdated with the attractions list. They no longer have the Crazy Daisy or kiddie helicopter rides. In addition, they have added the Electric Rainbow ride from LeSourdsville Lake. They`ve also added a couple other whirl and hurls (including one of those rides where you can spin the tubs as fast as you can until you puke your guts out).

...And a wooden coaster that for no taller than it is, has an airtime moment to put all the KI coasters to shame! (Though it may be short, it's a wonderful yank!) Total airtime spots on the Tornado: 3. (Ride from the back for the best results.) 1. First drop. 2. Middle of the ride on the last hill before the third turnaround (yank and a half). 3. Last hill before the station is a nice little airhill. Now...for being only 55', that's something to brag about. For best results, the seatbelt should be left a little loose so that you hit the seatbelt and lap bar at the same time so that it won't hurt your gut!

As you can tell, I'm a big fan of Stricker's Grove and plan on keeping my tradition of going to every public day that I know about. This will be the 3rd fourth of July for me, and I've never seen it packed, though usually busy enough. I just hope that all of the seats on the Tornado train are fixed, as last year the last car had two rows out of order during Family Day, and one row out at Customer Appreciation Day.

Maybe I'll see some of you there. I might just have to wear my Racer T-shirt!