Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

My guess would be seed. Sodding is a bit more involved. Rolling out lush, beautiful, green, ready-to-go grass and laying it down piece by piece can be a bit expensive.

Then again, it gives you your desired result much more quickly. Though, I suppose much of the answer to "seed or sod" will depend on just how much of either they'll need. The more rocks, boulders, trees etc that occupy the area, the less grass they'll need to fill the remaining space.

well i don't know if they still do this, but when i moved to dayton in '99 they had these giant rolls of sod that they layed down, but when i moved to c-bus in '05, they had little 2ft by 4ft rectangles they layed down, which got moved around when it rained unfortunately

They planted the grass last fall after the splashdown was done being poured. There are many pictures of the area with a decent amount of grass while they were just starting vertical construction. There will be little to no need for any more seed or sod because the grass will just grow back once it gets warm enough. They did a very nice job keeping the area clear of machinery so the grass that's already there won't be disturbed. There will probably be some places that will need to be re-done, but most of it has been taken care of.

They planted the grass last fall after the splashdown was done being poured. There are many pictures of the area with a decent amount of grass while they were just starting vertical construction. There will be little to no need for any more seed or sod because the grass will just grow back once it gets warm enough. They did a very nice job keeping the area clear of machinery so the grass that's already there won't be disturbed. There will probably be some places that will need to be re-done, but most of it has been taken care of.

I do remember during last year's Haunt, there was grass. That is IF I remember correctly.. Maybe I remember the grass from one of my visits in July? Who knows.