what do you think cedar fair could do to improve ki?

skaterboy22101

* Upcharge Halloween Haunt

* Greatly increase food quality and service. Have a sit down, table service, table cloth restaurant

* Stop the running of the bulls at opening. Open International Street, and the shops, an hour before the park opens. Greatly increase quality, selection and service in the gift shops. Make the shops unique. See, for example, Universal's Islands of Adventure and the Busch parks for examples.

* Eliminate basketballs in the park

* Teach game hawkers NOT to swallow the mike or to yell. Give scholarships/awards to the associate of the week. Make the contests meaningful.

* Bring back Winterfest. Price it appropriately.

* Put a show back on the train. Don't see the train as JUST transportation to the waterpark.

* Greatly increase food quality and service. Have a sit down, table service, table cloth restaurant

* Stop the running of the bulls at opening. Open International Street, and the shops, an hour before the park opens. Greatly increase quality, selection and service in the gift shops. Make the shops unique. See, for example, Universal's Islands of Adventure and the Busch parks for examples.

* Teach game hawkers NOT to swallow the mike or to yell. Give scholarships/awards to the associate of the week. Make the contests meaningful.

* Put a show back on the train. Don't see the train as JUST transportation to the waterpark.

Nice.

Terpy, glad to see you stop by :P

I completely agree with the restaurant. I enjoy eating at the Skyline on International Street because I can sit down in an air conditioned room and it is relatively quiet in there.

I also agree about the show on the train. I thought Jeff Gramke said something about him and Don wanting to do something with the train.

I think CF is doing an excellent job, and there's not really much that can come to my mind right away to improve KI,

I can only say Burn SoB and Replace it with a Similar Plug and Play from Intamin.

Nooooooo! Im probably the biggest SOB fan boy there is, and i would be devastated if it was removed. Just imagine if Beast was removed for a plug-n-play... how would you feel? But back on topic... Cedar Fair is doing a great job. There isn't really much more they could do to improve KI, it can't get much better. I would love to see an Intamin LSM with a Norwegian loop though!

I would like to see security cameras to prevent line jumping and unruly behavior in the lines.

* Eliminate basketballs in the park.

* Teach game hawkers NOT to swallow the mike or to yell.

YES.

Also:

* Speed lanes available to gold and platinum passholders on every ride, every day the park is open.. but only offered to the first 500 passholders in the gate, for two rides of their choice.

* Bring back the backward Racer.

* Expected ride wait time boards at the entrance to every ride, like they have at Cedar Point.

* Do something to improve Vortex. That coaster is getting more and more painful every year.

I personally love the free parking already given to gold pass members.

Make this (The Gold Lot) parking exclusive for Gold/Platinum members, with a full time attendent checking passes so that it is enforced all year long and enforced at special events. Not enforced like it was this year, 3 or 4 hours a day when KI felt like putting a staff out there.

More speed pass days with more than 4 rides as speed pass rides and more than once a day on those days. (a speed pass system like Disney uses would be fair for everyone).

Discounted prices for the Back Yard BBQ for Gold pass users.

Longer operating season, operate regular days up until HH.

I personally love the free parking already given to gold pass members.

Make this (The Gold Lot) parking exclusive for Gold/Platinum members, with a full time attendent checking passes so that it is enforced all year long and enforced at special events. Not enforced like it was this year, 3 or 4 hours a day when KI felt like putting a staff out there.

More speed pass days with more than 4 rides as speed pass rides and more than once a day on those days. (a speed pass system like Disney uses would be fair for everyone).

Discounted prices for the Back Yard BBQ for Gold pass users.

Longer operating season, operate regular days up until HH.

My cousin said everytime he went to KI this summer, (three times) he parked in the Gold Pass Parking...and he only had a basic pass. He said no one was ever there checking, so he just drove on in.

My wishes:

1. New sit-down restaurant. (Game Day Grille)

2.Re-theme Back Lot Stunt Coaster - Plant grass, trees around it and get rid of the ugly theming. You could have the dark part be through a cave with a waterfall going down it. The second launch you could be sitting there with water flowing down around you or under you. Just make it look better.

I always thought that instead of this coaster KI should have built a sit-down restaurant in the middle of the area and put fountains, waterfalls, windmills there with some nice flatrides. Should have kept the trees. Kind of like Kennywood where the gasebo is.

The Company that made The Vortex (Arrow) is no longer in existence, so wouldn't that mean to do track work or replacements that KI would have to go out of their way to do it?

Just replace the trains with ones that have lap restraints instead of over the shoulder a-la FOF. To me that's where most of the pain comes from - hitting my head and ears on the restraint.

Add a B&M Hyper....

Check... That was the most glaring hole in the KI coaster lineup.

Now they just need to continue with improving dinning options and continualy adding live entertainment and having special events at the park.

Really the future looks very very bright for KI under the guidance of CF

I'm a big fan of the getting the trams going again. I mean you have the long turn around sections still there for them to drop people off; might as well use it.

If they plan on never using the trams again, then push the entrance about half-way up the turn-around lane and make International Street and the entrance larger.