Drop Tower

skaterboy22101

I have seen it stuck 10-15 ft in the air with riders. Riders were unloaded and then the ride was allowed to drop from that position and slam into the hyrodilcs making a loud crash. Kind of scary seeing what a fall from 10-15 feet does much less 265ft.

That is nuts. I guess only being that far off the ground the magnenets wouldnt have enough time to do their job. Did they have to cherry pick all the passangers off? Seems like that could take awhile. Just a little un-nerving.

I retract my previous statements in the rumor thread.

(I stated in a somewhat abrupt way that I doubted that this had ever happened, and I now feel as if I look like a moron.)

The bottom of my shoe doesn't taste very good. ;)

Hey, don't sweat it! I sort of actually see where you were coming from in the sense that the guy was probably way over exaggerating that he was on it when it broke and broke for good or something, and he had to slide down some inflatable slide like on a crashed airplane or something!! :lol:

I have seen it stuck 10-15 ft in the air with riders. Riders were unloaded and then the ride was allowed to drop from that position and slam into the hyrodilcs making a loud crash. Kind of scary seeing what a fall from 10-15 feet does much less 265ft.

I can gurantee you there is no kind of "slam into the hydraulics making a loud crash" from any drop height. Let alone 10-15 feet.

I can gurantee you there is no kind of "slam into the hydraulics making a loud crash" from any drop height. Let alone 10-15 feet.

Can you?!??!?!

That is why I saw it with my own two eyes along with other people in the group that were standing there.

Last year when I worked at KI it got stuck many times. To lower it down they have a secondary winch that hooks on to the gondola and lowers it down. It takes awhile to do it, but I never saw them just drop it.

Btw I worked at the Action Zone store so I saw it like every day. I will say this though, I never saw it get stuck like 10-15 feet in the air, but it's possible. I just don't think they would drop it.

Can you?!??!?!

That is why I saw it with my own two eyes along with other people in the group that were standing there.

AZ Kinda Guy has a lot of experience with the ride and he probably knows it better than anyone else on this forum.

Yikes. Sounds freaky.

I definitely agree. I love riding Drop Tower but if the ride got stuck anywhere above around 40 ft. I do believe I'd be going nuts.

The falling part of the ride doesn't bother me that much, It's going up that scares the crap out of me >.<

I have been on TTD when its rolled back though.

ever since i rode this i have wanted it to happen to me. but i have only seen it roll back twice. once while they were drying off the track(nobody was on), and then this year i was on the train and was watching top thrill run and saw it almost make it over but then it rolled back(with people on, and that train was later placed on the transfer track)

While we were walking to Maverick before the park opened We saw Top Thrill Dragster doing Test runs, and we saw a roll-back.

It was sweet, I mean I knew it was going to happen because without the wieght of the passengers and the fact that they only launched it around 110 mph, but the sight of a roller coaster trying to get to the top but not making it and rolling backwards is just Nuts. :lol:

i have also seen maverick not clear it's lift hill.

Really? I have never heard of that happening. It is a Launch so I can see it happening though.

yep, but it was weird because they had been running only 4 trains that day, and then when i got in line they stopped those 4 and put the other two trains on, then the very first train they sent out(i believe it was the white train) i saw it go up the hill and i turned my head, then i looked back and it came rolling back down the hill very slowly. and several times in the line for maverick they have signs saying that sometimes a train won't clear the lift hill or the launch tunnel, but not to worry because the train will slowly return to the launch postition.

Not a hater, but some one scared of heights and that ride pushed my limits of how far I will go! LOL But since I have been on Nighthawk and Firehawk (both of them) I am looking forward to going on TTD next time I go to CP. :D NH and FH scared me more than TTD!

Not a hater, but some one scared of heights and that ride pushed my limits of how far I will go! LOL But since I have been on Nighthawk and Firehawk (both of them) I am looking forward to going on TTD next time I go to CP. :D NH and FH scared me more than TTD!

and just so you know it isn't as bad the second time because you know what to expect.