Photo Trip Report Nov. 2, 2008

BavarianBeatle

Well, we were busy with Halloween this weekend.

100_0090.jpg

But we got to go to the park today. We stopped and filled the tank at $1.88 a gallon. :)

100_0093.jpg

Then we got to the park around 11:30. Wyatt left his pass in the car so it took a little longer to get in than I would have liked. But we eventually got our first ride on The Beast.

100_0105.jpg

Then on to BLSC, Shake Rattle & Roll, Vortex, and Racer. By that time we were hungry so we left the park for lunch. When we came back, we went up the Tower.

100_0102.jpg

Then we rode every ride we could. I think we rode just about every ride in the park. The weather was beautiful!!! Diamondback looked great....

100_0103.jpg

But this is just WRONG!!!!

100_0098.jpg

100_0099.jpg

But, I got one last picture of me by The Beast entrance. I've had so many wonderful times in that area..... It is sad to see it changing. But at least my son knew enough to make that shot wide enough to include the blond. LOL!!!

100_0104.jpg

They were very well behaved all day long. We had more fun than we have in a long time!! But then the sun began to set and we knew the season was coming to a close.....

100_0106.jpg

(The best picture I took today, IMO).

We did two more rides on The Beast, then took a walk around the park talking about all of the things that had happened at the various places within the park as we passed them and took a few last pictures of the year.

100_0108.jpg

100_0108.jpg

100_0111.jpg

100_0112.jpg

Then it was time for the last ride on The Beast...... The best and worst moment of the year. The last train of the night was leaving as we left the station and the fountains and the tower looked every bit as good as they did in 1972 as we left. Even though she has been gone for over 8 years, I missed their mother tonight.... We got to the front of the park and I stopped and turned around for one last look at the fountains and Tower. I asked the kids, who were silent, what they were thinking. Watt said, "I love this place." I said "So do I, buddy, ...so do I..." David put his arm around me and said, "I love you, Dad"..... I can't think of a more perfect ending to any season!!!!

100_0115.jpg

100_0116.jpg

100_0117.jpg

Thanks for reading!!! And thanks for a great season!! Have a great winter and we'll see you next year on Diamondback.

--Michael

For some reason the indoor haunts scared them.... They LOVED the outdoor things... (Worksite, Corn Stalkers, Tombstone Terror-tory, Cemetery Drive, Trail of Terror) But getting them into a building was scary for them this year... Maybe they're claustrophobic? But if a young girl told them it was ok, they would do it.... They're like their Dad used to be when it comes to that........................ LOL!!!!

For some reason the indoor haunts scared them.... They LOVED the outdoor things... (Worksite, Corn Stalkers, Tombstone Terror-tory, Cemetery Drive, Trail of Terror) But getting them into a building was scary for them this year... Maybe they're claustrophobic? But if a young girl told them it was ok, they would do it.... They're like their Dad used to be when it comes to that........................ LOL!!!!

sure NOW you tell me ;) lol

How much of his photography skills did your son learn from his dad? :D That cracked me up when I read it. Glad you had fun with your boys, that's what it's all about.

I think he's better than me.... There are no attractive women in any of the ones I took......

But wearing those boots at an amusement park had to hurt by the end of the day...... :)

--Beatle, whose previously broken ankle throbs after a warm day followed by a chilly night,,,,

Great report, even though you made me tear up. But isn't that what is great about KI, sharing those kinds of moments with your kids and remembering the moments from your childhood.

I know that I love going to the park with my son, from the first time when he was 2 and we went on The Beastie in 1997 to when he was tall enough to ride all the "big" rides in 2001 and you could see the tears coming off of his face on The Vortex ORP (which he can't get enough of now), and to this season when he was just as excited as I was for the Diamondback Press Release Day.

For those reasons and much more, I :wub: KI