Press Release: First Rides on Diamondback Up for Auction

BoddaH1994

Me too! I'm tight on sach but love to give... does anyone know what sach is?

I would love it if KICentral won the top bid. I'd also be really interested to know who made or helped with that contribution. It's very generous and I'd like to thank them!

I agree!! where in the world did that come from!! It's wonderful! Thank you to who ever that is. How do we make or donation to this?? Look how much money this auction has raised! Its great, we are going to help them out so much! WAY TO GO!!

So from the way I am reading everything, if you bid $50 you get a seat on Diamondback, a ticket for entry in to the park and a commemorative ride ticket. Really a great deal for a great cause.

If it's like other auctions, everyone that bids over 50 drops you down a slot so if there are 96 bids higher (or $50 that bid before yours) you would get bumped out.

We toyed with the idea of having a KIC Fund but the problem with it is if you donate to KIC and then we donate to the cause you can NOT write that off on your taxes. PLEASE support the cause and make individual bids. All corporate seats (alla KICentral) will be donated back to the fund so someone from the organization can ride. If you want to bid individually and donate your seat back, that can be arranged.

But notice that the website says a MINIMUM of 96 seats. To me, that sounds like if they get more than 96 bidders, instead of bumping the lowest bidders, they will just add another train or two to the auction rides. After all it is benefiting the children, so the more money that can be raised, the better. I`m not certain if that is in fact what the park plans on doing, but it sure sounds like that is the plan.

^^Well, one train is already almost full!!

I'd wonder if additional (beyond the three) trains won't be opened until more than 96 bids are over $50...I could be wrong, but I'd think it's when people who have bids higher than the minimum start getting bumped below 96 is when more trains might be opened, but this is all speculation.

But notice that the website says a MINIMUM of 96 seats. To me, that sounds like if they get more than 96 bidders, instead of bumping the lowest bidders, they will just add another train or two to the auction rides. After all it is benefiting the children, so the more money that can be raised, the better. I`m not certain if that is in fact what the park plans on doing, but it sure sounds like that is the plan.

Yeah thats how I read it and similar Cedar Fair auctions have had well over 100 bidders. From how it reads it seems that the you ride and pick your seat in order of your bid. So 1-32 will ride in the first train, 33-64 in the second and 65-96 in the thrid. If there are more than 96 bidders they would go in train 4, 5 and so on.

We toyed with the idea of having a KIC Fund but the problem with it is if you donate to KIC and then we donate to the cause you can NOT write that off on your taxes. PLEASE support the cause and make individual bids. All corporate seats (alla KICentral) will be donated back to the fund so someone from the organization can ride. If you want to bid individually and donate your seat back, that can be arranged.

I could care less if I could write it off on my taxes as long as I was helping a good cause! Just my point of view. So who is it that has the 600 dollar seat then? Maybe im just confused.