Diamondback Opening Day Meet-Up

kjkjkj

I know a lot of people are planning to go to Kings Island on opening day to get on Diamondback. From what I've read in other threads, people are planning to be there around 8:00am-8:30am, a few people, even earlier! So I thought it would be fun if all the people who are planning to be at the park that early met up, and we could all wait in line together for Diamondback! We could all meet by the metal detectors, and wait for them to open up the park, so we can all wait for the rope to drop, and all wait in line together. I think this would be a fun oppurtunity for some fellow enthusiasts to get together to ride one of Kings Islands biggest rides together. We (myself and my sister "Ashers") plan to get there around 8:00am8:20ish. Possibly earlier, depending on what other people do. If anyone is interested please reply to the topic.

Can't wait for opening Day!!! :D

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to be there earlier than 8:00, but with my brother. I'll be riding Diamondback with him. However, I'm going to have a either a gray or white shirt made that will have these words (most likely in black letters) as follows on both sides:

KICentral

TOM76257

I'm 6'3" tall and VERY lanky. If anyone sees me, I'd love to shake your hand!

I know a lot of people are planning to go to Kings Island on opening day to get on Diamondback.

Can't wait for opening Day!!! :D

I'll be there opening day to ride The Beast. Diamondback is an added bonus. I'll wait for a while before I attempt Diamondback more than once per visit. I recently rode Goliath at Six Flags Over Georgia, and if it's any indication, I'll hate the trim brake, but love the ride. :)

I'll wait for a while before I attempt Diamondback more than once per visit. I recently rode Goliath at Six Flags Over Georgia, and if it's any indication, I'll hate the trim brake, but love the ride. :)

I agree with all of the above, particularly the first few weekends as wait times pertain to Diamondback. I've only missed a major coaster opening once since 92 (BLSC), but I have a feeling we'll wait until Friday, April 24 until we get our first ride. The park should be much more manageable that day!

I did manage to get a trim-free ride on Goliath earlier this month. We rode in the back and I have to say it was heavenly not feeling that trim grab and getting forceful floater air over all of the remaining hills!

I hope all of you who do go have a great time! :lol:

^^In all seriousness, the D-back trim status remains up in the air.

B-moth and D-back were designed a wee differently than any other B&M hyper! While many reported some trimming on B-moth, I experienced very little in many rides and it was nothing like Goliath or Raging Bull. I'm optimistic in cooler weather (like April) the impact will be minor. But time will tell.

Is it up in the air? I thought it was only halfway up the hill, and when have we ever known Kings Island to have trims and not use them. The occasional trimless ride can be found on FOC and Racer (two coasters that should not have trims in the first place imo), but usually those trims are always operating just like the others that are all over the park.

FYI...I was able to get one ride with very little trimming on Goliath while I was down there, and I found the ride to be much more enjoyable as a result.

Trim brake = ride killed. Trim free = ride a blast. Conclusion = trim free is always better 100% of the time.

Is it up in the air? I thought it was only halfway up the hill, and when have we ever known Kings Island to have trims and not use them. The occasional trimless ride can be found on FOC and Racer (two coasters that should not have trims in the first place imo), but usually those trims are always operating just like the others that are all over the park.

FYI...I was able to get one ride with very little trimming on Goliath while I was down there, and I found the ride to be much more enjoyable as a result.

Trim brake = ride killed. Trim free = ride a blast. Conclusion = trim free is always better 100% of the time.

Agreed.

Hopefully Kings Island will be listening and not trim Diamondback to death.

Agreed.

Hopefully Kings Island will be listening and not trim Diamondback to death.

:unsure: i think they already did by using the water brakes ;)

cause Big Red said

What time is it that the parks main gate opens again? It's been so long I don't even remember...lol. Also I've never visited on an opening day and this will be my first so i was wondering what kind of crowd to expect. I'm expecting something fairly large due to the huge debut. What time do you think would be a good time to be there so someone would not have to wait several hours to ride...although I probably will anyway. ;)

Also, how much downtime do you expect Diamondback to have?

Several of my friends from Cedar Point are coming down too, and I haven't seen a few of them since CP closing day. That day was the day I missed my ritual last ride on MF with one of my best friends that works there, because my phone died. I lost two others in the crowd and never found them. :( It made for a very sad ending to my season.

I'm looking forward to being reunited with my KI and CP people in 2 weeks (less than that, actually). This off season is dragging I tell you.

To answer your guys' questions about when the gate opens, I called the park and they said that the entrance to the parking lot opens at 8:30 am. I do forget, however, what the associate said about when the gate to the actual park opens. Just call (800) 288-0808 to speak with someone at the park with questions.