Diamondback Opening Day Meet-Up

kjkjkj

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the tshirts to be available before opening day I'm thinking iron on would be the best bet. I will work on a design tomorrow, somethink simple that will translate through iron on well.

Don't forget KIC does sell official shirts through cafe press but to get them here in time you'd have to pay an outrageous amount for express shipping. I will be getting one myself eventually but not by next weekend.

Posted from my BlackBerry mobile device.

Would anyone else be interested in getting KIC t-shirts, possibly with our usernames on them? I'd be happy to work out the details and find a place to print them if we can get it done on this short notice. I know I can get embroidery done same-day but I don't know about silk screening. We could even just do iron-ons, I could whip up a design and you could print them out. I'd say we should all get the ones through cafepress but I know those won't get here in time.

That way all of those who are going to the park as singles, or are just interested in meeting others from the forum, could go "hey! a KIC member!" if they see one of the shirts in the park.

I won't have a T shirt on because it will almost certainly be too cold. But I will be there with the boys, so feel free to say hello anytime.

Here we are:

http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?...rianBeatle+40th

i would love to but wont be able to make my own tee till later but here are some things to look for if you see me...

1) im a big fatty with dunlaps syndrome

2)ill wear my prescrip. aveators

3)i might wear a hat but if not my head is nearly shaved

4)got a dirty goatee thing goin on

5)my mouth will remind you of the db sign

6)ill wear nearly done for vans

im not sure about rest; it will depend on the weather.

so you see me great

if not better luck next time

From what I'm hearing at Guest Relations, Diamondback will not be part of Opening Day ERT. Only the other coasters will be allowed access.

GOLD PASS EARLY RIDE TIMES All Season Long

Another Gold Pass Exclusive

Every public operating day this year, starting April 18th, the park opens early for Gold Passholders to enjoy some of their favorite rides and attractions!

• Sunday thru Friday - ½ early entrance for Diamondback and Beast.
  • Monday - ½ hr early in Nickelodeon Universe.
  • Wednesday - ½ hr early rides in Boomerang Bay.
  • Saturday - 1 hr early entrance for Diamondback and Beast.

http://www.visitkingsisland.com/events/events.cfm?ec_id=27

can't be ERT for DB on opening day. Remember the first rider auction takes place that day....

All other coasters that are part of ERT will BE OPEN, but Diamondback WILL NOT be a part of the ERT even though it says it on the website. 9am-10am will be opening ceremonies for the new ride and then Auction riders will be allowed to ride first and then the public will follow.

So does anyone know for sure how this is going to work. Or am I going to end up waiting like half the day to get on due to the auction AND ERT? I'm afraid that doing both in the same day is going to cause a very long wait for Diamondback GP that morning. I want to ride but I would also like to ride some other rides in the park so that my ticket is not a waste! They really should have thought this through a little more...unless someone has the full details?

You can call the park for official details, but here's my guess on how it will work.

Auction rides will probably start either shortly before 9 or at 9. This has not been announced yet. The queue will be opened at 9 a.m. for all Gold & Platinum passholders. At 10 a.m it will open to everyone else, who will get in line behind those who got in during the ERT. So the line will probably be an hour or two at that point, and then add on whoever jumps in immediately. 10-10:30 will probably be when the line is the longest during the day, because it will already be a full queue from the ERT and then everyone else will add in to it.

I am highly doubting the line will ever go beyond 3 hours, but it might get that high right after the ERT. If it's too long, go ride something else and come back in a few hours, it may go down.

If you've already got 3 trips to KI planned according to your signature, it makes sense to just buy a gold pass and then you can get in during the ERT as well.

I am highly doubting the line will ever go beyond 3 hours, but it might get that high right after the ERT. If it's too long, go ride something else and come back in a few hours, it may go down.

I'm hoping to get in some Beast, Racer, SOB, and Vortex rides during that time. Maybe even a FOF ride, while everyone is side-coaster-tracked.

So does anyone know for sure how this is going to work. Or am I going to end up waiting like half the day to get on due to the auction AND ERT? I'm afraid that doing both in the same day is going to cause a very long wait for Diamondback GP that morning. I want to ride but I would also like to ride some other rides in the park so that my ticket is not a waste! They really should have thought this through a little more...unless someone has the full details?

You can call the park for official details, but here's my guess on how it will work.

Auction rides will probably start either shortly before 9 or at 9. This has not been announced yet. The queue will be opened at 9 a.m. for all Gold & Platinum passholders. At 10 a.m it will open to everyone else, who will get in line behind those who got in during the ERT. So the line will probably be an hour or two at that point, and then add on whoever jumps in immediately. 10-10:30 will probably be when the line is the longest during the day, because it will already be a full queue from the ERT and then everyone else will add in to it.

If you've already got 3 trips to KI planned according to your signature, it makes sense to just buy a gold pass and then you can get in during the ERT as well.

To both of you: The First Rider Auction rides will be prior to 9 am. Starting at 9 am, the ERT for Diamondback :D and The Beast B) will begin for Gold and Platinum Pass holders. Then, at 10 am, the GP will begin riding.

That makes sense for the most part but I'm really hoping the line isn't that long that early cause thats the first thing I was planning to go to.

However, one of those planned trips is a school trip that may not happen anymore so...thats why I've not bought a season pass.

To both of you: The First Rider Auction rides will be prior to 9 am. Starting at 9 am, the ERT for Diamondback :D and The Beast B) will begin for Gold and Platinum Pass holders. Then, at 10 am, the GP will begin riding.

Thats good to know, it makes things seem a little better ;) But would you agree with violakat?

There will probably be a large group in front of you if you get there at that time....

I know that...I live like five minutes away from the park, just pointing out that I would get their early enough to ride it without a major line...hopefully!

i think ill play my cards when i see them, but by the time i get there, which is very very early, if the line looks more than 45 min. long i will wait until another day to ride. cuase i take my time, but hate to wait. so look out all you other rides, cause im coming to ride you.

Hey guys,

Since Avatar is doing a more scheduled meet up for opening day, I figured I would let you guys refer to his topic instead of mine. He's a lot more organized than me, plus his topic shows everyone that is planning on going. We'll plan on being in line for ERT for Diamondback, and we'll have to see about the rest of Avatar's meet up plans! But anyway I figure if we're all planning on being there for ERT then we will probably see each other anyway! So I guess we'll see everyone Saturday, say hey if you see us at the park!