Top 9 New Roller Coasters for 2009

BoddaH1994

They are not getting new trains because of any problems, their getting new trains because they are being rethemed and renamed. The new name is Bizarro and the trains have built in sound that will mix with visual effects throughout the ride. It actually looks pretty cool but well see.

I'm suprised to see Diamondback on number 1 but this is sort of a lackluster year for new coasters. Hopefully Diamondback delivers on everyone's expectations as they seem to be getting bigger each and everyday :unsure:

You know it's been a slow year when a relocated coaster is number 9 on a blogger's top 9 new roller coasters for 2009, and Flying Turns at Knobles is only 8th, and a coaster that no one really knows anything about (except that it goes really fast) is 5th. Lets just wait until the Golden Ticket comes.

You know it's been a slow year when a relocated coaster is number 9 on a blogger's top 9 new roller coasters for 2009, and Flying Turns at Knobles is only 8th, and a coaster that no one really knows anything about (except that it goes really fast) is 5th. Lets just wait until the Golden Ticket comes.

Hey, Flying Turns has been under construction longer than Hard Rock Park was open, so it's got that going for it, which is nice. Once one of the KICers goes over to Deutschland and rides the thing, we'll know something about it. (Wow, I can't believe I spelled that right the first time.)

Hey, Flying Turns has been under construction longer than Hard Rock Park was open, so it's got that going for it, which is nice. Once one of the KICers goes over to Deutschland and rides the thing, we'll know something about it. (Wow, I can't believe I spelled that right the first time.)

What does Germany have to do with Flying Turns? Knoebels is in Pennsylvania. Did I miss something?

Flyer, confused.

What does Germany have to do with Flying Turns? Knoebels is in Pennsylvania. Did I miss something?

Flyer, confused.

You missed the article apparently for the 5th coaster is Ring Racer in Germany.

You missed the article apparently for the 5th coaster is Ring Racer in Germany.

Nope - read it - forgot it. :lol: Then I read your post, which didn't mention going to Germany from Knoebels, and I got confused when you ran the two together. OOPS!

Flyer, enlightened.

Hey, Flying Turns has been under construction longer than Hard Rock Park was open, so it's got that going for it, which is nice.

Oh I know, I was just saying that it deserves to be higher on the list than 8th, sorry I wasn't being clear.

Looks like a pretty good list. Glad to see Diamondback at #1. Comparing the "accuracy" of these opinions, based on 2008's list... I see that the top 3 (Behemoth, Steel Hawg, and Ravine Flyer II) were all well-received by the public, with Behemoth and RFII both immediately taking places near the top of most steel/wood coaster polls respectively.

I was really surprised/bordering on shocked to see that Europa Park's launched Mack coaster "Blue Fire" was nowhere on the list. They really went all out with that one. A themed dark ride to start things off, a lot of fake rocks and boulders were put up all around the ride to create numerous headchoppers etc. And I believe the ride is showing off brand new restraints that are OTSR that function just as lap bars and offer a great amount of freedom.

The ride's already opened and is getting excellent reviews. I've heard several european coaster enthusiasts already stating that it might replace Expedition GeForce atop their steel coaster lists.