Down Home Country Opens This Saturday

BoddaH1994

Just to make sure that it doesn't get thrown in the mix with the opening of Diamondback, Down Home Country, an all new country show will debut in the Festhaus this Saturday. This show will celebrate the legends of country music as well as their top charting country classics. It'll be a show you'll want to see twice!

Some of them are really rather good. Not as high quality as the live shows at Dollywood or Disney, but still good. Just be glad that Kings Island has as many live shows as it does. Carowinds only has Marty`s Party and Endless Summer on Ice this year. Then again, they don`t draw as large of crowds or have as many show venues as what Kings Island has.

That is one thing that I think the live entertainment could use at Kings Island is more street entertainment. The Kings Island Clown band was awesome (and it was nice last year when they came back for those special occasions). It just added such a festive and active atmosphere to the park. The same could be said when the Nickelodeon Celebration Parade was at the park.

Hopefully, in the future, we could see some sort of street entertainment added to the park. It really goes a long way in the overall guest experience in my opinion.

Yes that is what I mean exactly. I mean even a opening celebration with singing small pyro and bslloons something. One moment that always brings tears to my eyes is when you get to the magic kingdom early before opening and they put on that spectacle before they open the gates. It gives you a special feeling that continues through the day.

I`ve never been to a Six Flags park at opening, but I know several of them have the Loony Tunes characters do a dance to a song before opening to mark the start of the day at the park, which is also a nice touch. However, I also like the fact that Kings Island starts the day off with the playing of the national anthem at 10am.