in line now for db

Atomheartmother616

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

got in line by the Tower around 9:20, off the ride by 11:30. Simply amazing! Sat in row 2, big air time over the hills, first drop angle was decieving from the ground but is no joke, very fast and fun. line moved efficeintly from my perspective. I have been waiting for Kings Island to build a ride like this and it was everything i could have hoped for. Viva la snake!

Diamondback is great. Lot's of airtime and don't let the videos fool you. Not one part of this coaster is slow. We rode front seat in the auction ride and plan on a night ride in the last seat. As for crowds really not all that bad. 1 hour 40 minutes for DB on opening day. I'm in line for FOF right now with Sparky.

So, can fat people the size of Don Helbig ride or not?

Well I took the walk of shame today do you have big thighs if so you most likely will not fit. I have a lot of muscle in my legs and if I only could had got the bar down a 1/2 inch I would had fit. The test is pretty nice there is little light thats red it has to go green that means you can ride. I got in the test seat and the red light turned into flickering green light the guy said i would be alright but yeah I did not ride. I got the shirt though which heck who knows what I will do with it.

DB is the only ride in the park i can not ride I can even ride MF and TTD at Cedar Point but not DB explain that to me?

Well I took the walk of shame today do you have big thighs if so you most likely will not fit. I have a lot of muscle in my legs and if I only could had got the bar down a 1/2 inch I would had fit. The test is pretty nice there is little light thats red it has to go green that means you can ride. I got in the test seat and the red light turned into flickering green light the guy said i would be alright but yeah I did not ride. I got the shirt though which heck who knows what I will do with it.

DB is the only ride in the park i can not ride I can even ride MF and TTD at Cedar Point but not DB explain that to me?

Well, the seat belts of MF and TTD prevent me from riding so that sucks. I will be there 4-19-09 for the private party. I mainly have the "gut" unfortunately.

TO BEAST1979: Who do you think you are? I have talked with Don Helbig recently about thr Racer. Do you even know what he has to do with The Racer? Needless to say, the newer redesigns have made him not have the enjoyable rides he once had and since we both have the same body type, it was easier to compare him to riding. Maybe you are a "stick" person but most adults left their 18 yr. old bodies a LONG time ago. Plus size people get to enjoy new rollercoasters next year when it will be a requirement to accommodate them/us.

I still welcome any comments from plus sized people who can or cannot ride today.

Well, the seat belts of MF and TTD prevent me from riding so that sucks. I will be there 4-19-09 for the private party. I mainly have the "gut" unfortunately.

TO BEAST1979: Who do you think you are? I have talked with Don Helbig recently about thr Racer. Do you even know what he has to do with The Racer? Needless to say, the newer redesigns have made him not have the enjoyable rides he once had and since we both have the same body type, it was easier to compare him to riding. Maybe you are a "stick" person but most adults left their 18 yr. old bodies a LONG time ago. Plus size people get to enjoy new rollercoasters next year when it will be a requirement to accommodate them/us.

I still welcome any comments from plus sized people who can or cannot ride today.

Yeah my gut did not play a factor there were people with guts riding just my thighs. I would def try the test and make sure it's a SOLID green before getting in the line. I did ride The Beast and Delirum today though and The Beast is smoother then ever esp. in the final helix.

So did you go to KI and ride DB did you fit ?

I go to KI tomorrow. Cincinnati Financial bought out the park that day. I wanted to know before I wasted my time again. Cedar Point is disappointing to me because of the seat belts. Magnum is great with its long seat belts. I gotta lose the belly somehow.....

Don has ridden it. I saw an interview with him and he said he's ridden it more than 10 times. I found the test seat to be inaccurate. It was very tight on me but the actual bar was very loose. We're in line now and planning on making sure ichase gets on!

Posted from my BlackBerry mobile device.

I wonder how far off the camera shot the line extends. I've heard that the wait is about 5 or 6 hours at this point.

Well, that was totally wrong. I got in line about 9:15 and was told it would be about 4 hours. It only took 2.5 hours. Also, the line stretched back to about the first drop, but even at that, it was no where near 5 or six hours. For the line to be that long, it would have to continue going around Rivertown and go back to the Eiffel Tower with the way the line moves. Also, the line by 2:30 was down to about 25 minutes if you use the single riders line.

They got a single riders line? Where is that? Can you just walk right up to it or is it in the actual line?

There is, but I was given conflicting information about it. I was told by an area supervisor that you have to prove you are in fact a single rider, meaning in her words, "If we see you talking to people around you, we won't let you in the single rider line." She did say that you will have to wait in whatever line there is up until the entrance sign, and then if there is room or whatever criteria they might be using that day or hour or minute, you may or may not get into the single rider line. "This is a perk, this is us helping you out, this is not a guarantee.", she also said.

Our group split up towards the end, and they were being pretty rude on the single rider line. They asked me if I could prove I was a single ride, and I looked behind me (there was no one anywhere around me) and was like "umm... do you see anyone with me?" I mean, I know I was with a group earlier, but does that automatically preclude me from becoming a single rider later in the day? I thought they handled it with very little tact.

Our group split up towards the end, and they were being pretty rude on the single rider line. They asked me if I could prove I was a single ride, and I looked behind me (there was no one anywhere around me) and was like "umm... do you see anyone with me?" I mean, I know I was with a group earlier, but does that automatically preclude me from becoming a single rider later in the day? I thought they handled it with very little tact.

Sounds more like you were at Cedar Point than Kings Island. I smell the Cedar Fair attitude bellowing downward........sigh.....