Is SOB open or closed?

Diamondback96

to all of those who wish sob to burn down.... realize that racer and beast would probly be razed from the resulting forest fire. sob is much better than any of the Cedar Point woodies. the ride will settle into its niche here soon. however the crypt has nowhere to go which is a shame since i thought tr:tr was an amazing ride.

"If Son of Beast ever burned down, I wouldn't cry. I'd take a hot dog stick, some hot dogs, and go have lunch over in Action Zone."

If Son of Beast ever burned down, i'd cry. I really would, I love that ride.

As someone said over the weekend (I really want to say it was Angie, although I have a little voice in the back of my head telling me i'm wrong) I enjoy coasters. I don't enjoy a coaster where I have to ride in a certain seat or i'd have to call a chiropractor.

That wasnt angie, but she did say " let me have a couple more beers before i go on that thing"

sob is much better than any of the Cedar Point woodies.

Now it's personal! How dare you...just how dare you...neglect poor little Blue Streak. ***giving you a hard time here, but still serious*** Blue has more enjoyable airtime than any other ride at Cedar Point. Millennium's air isn't strong enough, and Magnum's air is a little hard to appreciate due to the style of lap bars they use. Now let's compare Blue's air to SoB's - the first drop on SoB may have good airtime, but other than that almost all of it is ripped away by that annoying thing in the center of the ride, which is after the rough parts, I might add. Despite the hill that has obviously been reprofiled in the past, the hills on Blue Streak are fabulous and provide excellent airtime...all without trims...at least for now, though I'm waiting in fear.

Flyer, who is partial to Blue Streak because of its distant similarities to another coaster close to his heart.

Im with youkaterboy22101 and angrybeaver, I love SOB. It a must ride for me when I visit KI. No I do not believe there are trims on Son of Beast, but I do wish they would at least decrease the intensity of the MCBR, I understand why with the loop they had to slow the train down, but w/o the loop they should let it speed through

For all of you who want SOB to be closed just be because you don't enjoy it. How does the ride being there affect you? If you don't like it, don't ride it. It is not like its presence is keeping a different ride from moving in. I personally get no enjoyment from AE, but I respect the fact other people do and for that reason I hope KI keeps it as long as possible. I will never understand why people want to destroy anything they personally do not get enjoyment from. But it does seem like hating SOB is a bang wagon on KI websites, I personally don't think it is all that rough in any seat, much less painful than Racer, AE or Vortex.

sob is much better than any of the Cedar Point woodies.

Flyer, who is partial to Blue Streak because of its distant similarities to another coaster close to his heart.

I am partial to Blue Streak for the same reason, although probably different distant coasters :)