PKI Thrill Rides

xxD3LIRIUMxx

I haven't been to King's Island since last year...the reason that I have Delirium on 'my name' is that my friend and I made this name together tonight, and she rode it earlier this month.

Well anyway, I just wanted really to know a few things.

I know that this is really old news, but when the standing coaster similar to the King Cobra in CA killed someone and in the same week the Drop Zone-like ride had a fatality, PKI declared both rides closed indefinitely. I know that the King Cobra is gone (shame really, an awesome coaster) but why is Drop Zone still operating if it was closed indefinitely?

Another thing...this past spring break, I rode a slingshot ride in Daytona Beach. I was just wondering if the park still has that one, I noticed that they did last year, and if so is it operating?

Oh, and do you know if TRTR is going to be open Monday? I'm visiting the park Monday and would like to know. I love that thing.

::Sara::

"Don't ever try to fly unless you leave your body on the other side"

-System of a Down, "Know"

I know that this is really old news, but when the standing coaster similar to the King Cobra in CA killed someone and in the same week the Drop Zone-like ride had a fatality, PKI declared both rides closed indefinitely. I know that the King Cobra is gone (shame really, an awesome coaster) but why is Drop Zone still operating if it was closed indefinitely?

Another thing...this past spring break, I rode a slingshot ride in Daytona Beach. I was just wondering if the park still has that one, I noticed that they did last year, and if so is it operating?

Oh, and do you know if TRTR is going to be open Monday? I'm visiting the park Monday and would like to know. I love that thing.

1.) They (inspectors and Paramount Parks) deemed both Drop Zone and King Cobra to be safe and reopened them shortly after they were "indefinately closed." That was not the reason for the demise of the King Cobra.

2.) The slingshot is still operating.

3.) TRTR has been unpredictable this year, to the best of my knowledge. You'll just have to take your chances.

Edited by Losing Streak

.....when the standing coaster similar to the King Cobra in CA killed someone and in the same week the Drop Zone-like ride had a fatality....

Just to clarify, the similar ride to King Cobra was not in CA, it was in Virginia at Kings Dominion, while the similar ride to Drop Zone was in CA.

It is a flip of a coin weather it will be open or not. It has been very unpredictable this year.

As a matter of fact, TR:TR was open today. I rode it, and noticed some VERY stranges noises. For example.. every time the platform moved, a distinct mechanical noise took place. And at the very end while winding down to the bottom of the ride, it made a grinding noise / tire screaching noise. Kinda scared me.. I really wasnt expecting to hear anything like that..

Anyone else notice?

Yes, getting nailed by the water can considerably enhance the experience, or at the least soak you. I've been nailed in the face in the front row, the closest you can get. Those things are really powerful. After they tweaked them towards the end of last season. And the mechanical noises can be heard if you are on the absolute left or right sides of the vehicle. Anywhere else, and I'm not too sure what was

going on...

I rode in the front and the water got me fairly saturated. When I rode in the 3rd row, I still sort of got water on me. That was the first time I rode it, and I wasn't really sure what was going on. I thought someone was spitting on me or the roof was leaking because it was raining a little bit. It hit my face and I thought the roof was leaking...lol don't ask. I'm not blonde, but my whole family is.