The Who, What, and Where of Haunt 09

StalkerChick

I will be making my return to The Dent Schoolhouse once again this year. Don't forget about The Dent Schoolhouse!

omg i went for the first time last year and it was awesome!! lol

Different things for different people, and BooFests are not for the Terp, for the most part.

LOL for the most part eh? ;) awww... Terpy's not gonna come visit me this year!? :( Sad Stalker :P

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will turn 15 on spetember 18 next year. Would I still be able to work Howl o Fest? Becasue of the day of my bday.

If it's like regular season, no. During regular season, you must be 15 at the time of application. Which is why I couldn't.

No I meant for Halloween Haunt. Would I be able to becasue of being 15 during the event.

Urgent Scare was fun last year, no doubt, and good luck to all who are working US this year.

I opted for the new Haunt, which, of course, shall remain nameless for the time being(even though most of you know what it's called)

TG

This year will be my first year working Haunt and i'll be in US :) Really looking forward to it.

Also looking forward to going through said nameless attraction on the night that I requested off to go with my out-of-area family.

If you are working the Haunt and have requested the night off. You can not come to the park and go thought the mazes. They look at it as if you can come to the park then you can work.

Urgent Scare was fun last year, no doubt, and good luck to all who are working US this year.

I opted for the new Haunt, which, of course, shall remain nameless for the time being(even though most of you know what it's called)

TG

This year will be my first year working Haunt and i'll be in US :) Really looking forward to it.

Also looking forward to going through said nameless attraction on the night that I requested off to go with my out-of-area family.

If you are working the Haunt and have requested the night off. You can not come to the park and go thought the mazes. They look at it as if you can come to the park then you can work.

Well the woman that interviewed me, whom I would trust more than some random person on a forum, told me that it wouldn't be an issue when I told her why I had requested that night off.

Wait. So if you're a Scareactor, then you can't go to Haunt one night to have fun? It's either work everyday, or stay away? That's not right. Or, do they give you a day or two off?

Well they make you fill out an availability sheet where you check off every day you're able to work. I checked off all days but one, which is when some of my family from out of town will be coming and going to Haunt with me, and my interviewer told me that that would be fine as long as it was just the one day.

But, if someone checks off every night, then wouldn't they have to work every night? So, that would mean that you couldn't ever go to Haunt. Maybe someone else can shed some light?

I have been working every Haunt and that is what they tell you. the haunt is only open x number of day and they need every one there. They if you can not work on a day then you should not be at the Haunt going though the mazes. If you sign up every day then you should work all, if you call off and come to the Haunt they can let you go.

I said I could work Thursdays but i'm worried I won't get out of class in time. Do you think they would let not work Thursdays even if I said i could. I will be able to work Fri, Sat, Sun though.

Your manger will call and ask you if you have any chang in date that you can not work. This is the time to let them know.

This is something to confirm with management, but the way I understand it is the only time you can't come to the park is if you call off for a day you've been scheduled. If you're scheduled off, including requesting the day, you're free to do whatever you want, including come to Haunt.

You'll have a chance to go through other areas. In the past they've had dry run type days where you go through other haunts and then other employees come through yours. If they're doing that this year, you'll get the information about it in training. Keep in mind I have never worked Haunt, just know from what others have told me that they do this every year prior to October.

Posted from my BlackBerry.

And keep in mind the rule against calling in sick or unable to work and then showing up in the park doesn't just apply during Haunt. Even during the Paramount days, doing so could easily get you terminated. Many places have similar rules, from restaurants to theaters to retail stores.

Very true. I've never worked somewhere that didn't have a similar rule. Show up in the area when you're supposed to be 'sick' and things could get very bad for you.

Well yes, obviously calling in sick and then coming to enjoy the park is a stupid move. But i've told them explicitly "Hey, my family will be here on October 30th and they want me to go through Haunt with them." I've given them nearly two full months notice that I would like to have that day off so I could enjoy Haunt with family members that I don't get to see often. Given that, I really don't foresee it being a problem with me having one night off, but if it is a problem, then at least I know that i'll be able to scare them as they walk through Urgent Scare.

Thanks I will but it might not be till later because I plan to enjoy the park as well :)

Of course! It'd be a bit silly to go to the park for an interview and not stay, wouldn't it? :P I hope you get Urgent Scare though. That seems to be where the majority of KIC'ers are going this year.